Monday 4 January 2010

Boys and their Toys

My first post of 2010 and one for the boys!
Many of the birthday cards that I am asked to make for men are football related. I have mentioned before that I have become quite an expert on the football shirts of the different English Premier League teams and that my husband is often quite taken aback at my ability to name the team he is watching on the television simply because I have created a card with that shirt design on it! Nevertheless, I have recently made some customised cards for guys that include hobbies and interests other than football.
First up, I was asked to produce a birthday card for the hairdresser of a friend's father. I was informed that his interests aside from hairdressing include cycling and photography and that he was to celebrate his 65th birthday in November. I hope that he liked the card that illustrated all these various activities.This next card was for a special grandson who turned 18 in November. Apparently he wishes to be inducted into the Navy Seals in the IDF (Israeli Defence Forces), so I added their logo to the card along with an illustration of a ship at sea. I hope that his wishes come true.
Lastly, a football related card had to appear in the end! This card travelled all the way to India, to be given to the eldest son of a good friend of mine who is "really into soccer"... and wears a blue cap everywhere he goes. My sweet friend over there is very supportive of my card business and asked me to create customised cards for all the men in her family. I sent her a package with cards for her three boys and her husband, and the eldest boy's birthday was the first one up. I will show you the rest over the next few months, as the dates of their birthdays pass, but let's just say I had great fun creating them and enjoyed illustrating the various hobbies that the boys have.

2 comments:

RaspberryKidz said...

These are great! I saw you on the etsy forums. I'm also a graphic designer. I'm now a follower. : )
rachel

LizzieJane said...

Looks like you are starting off 2010 with a bang Lisa. These cards are just wonderful. Can't wait to see what else you will come up with this year.
x

Shareaholic