Tuesday 19 January 2010

Seven

This card may well look rather chaotic and bursting with energy but it matches the personality of the boy who received it today to a T! Today my youngest son turned 7 and whilst he didn't stipulate what should be on his card this year, as he has in the past, I knew exactly how to illustrate it.
My son has great plans. When he grows up he wants to be a scientist. Not only a scientist, but a scientist who travels to the moon and deep down under the sea, thus the spaceman and his rocket and a diver and fierce shark. Along with all his dreams and plans, my youngest has many weird and wonderful hobbies. He is an avid reader and loves to draw and is fascinated with the scary things in life, so I added a couple of bats and a mummy into the design too. He also loves the animated series Ben 10 and is shown wearing the shirt and holding some 'scientific potions'.
Last night two of his friends slept over and were here to help him celebrate his birthday this morning. We ate cupcakes with ghosts, spiders and snakes on them yesterday and this morning breakfast was followed by yet another scary cake! I hope that they all settle down at school today after all that sugar...
Happy Birthday to my amazing 7 year old. May all your dreams and great aspirations come true.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Isn't it great to be 7? You can be anything you want to and hopefully still remember that in a few years :)

Unknown said...

Wow happy birthday to your son! I totally love the card is so nice! I hope that his dreams will realize soon too! All the best! Lovely pictures.

The Home Ec Teachers Daugter said...

those bats are so cute!!!

LizzieJane said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful son. I hope he had a wonderful day.
How lucky he is to have such a wonderful card and cakes.
x

Shareaholic