Sunday 7 September 2008

Work in progress

I remember back in college creating a fabric design called 'Little Birds'. I have always had a soft spot for bird designs and thought it time to create something new myself. There is a lot of inspiration out there - I love Tiel's prints and the soft-sculptures created by Abby at While She Naps. Above, you can see the bird design I made.
It felt good to be creating again and I was very focused and able to really get busy with my cards for Rosh Hashanah too. There are a few more bees, apples and pomegranates to go though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, lisa! i'm inspired to make some rosh hashanah cards myself!

julie said...

You cant go wrong with birds i think :) this design is lovely.

Looking forward to a new year (and new work) xx

Unknown said...

your bird design is lovely! you have a great blog, i love you card ideas very unique.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so unique, colourful and bright. They would definitely put a smile on anyone's face. I particularly love the bird card. Tiel and Abby are wonderfully inspiring.

Shareaholic