Thursday 8 January 2009

Every Generation

Whilst the news here in Israel is far from good, away from the war zone we are trying to maintain as normal a lifestyle as possible, and for me that of course means some crafting and card making.
The cards above were requested by one person who needed cards for various members of her family, both young and old. The clown card in the top right corner is for her two year old great-nephew, whilst I also made a card (not pictured) for her 98 year old aunt, with the makeup card for a 17 year old teenager in between! That's quite an age range, but I hope that my various card designs can accommodate the tastes of different generations.
Below, you can see a custom-made card for Safta, or Grandmother in Hebrew, created in a similar vein to a previous request for her husband, Saba. It seems that Safta is a knitter and I was asked to show her doing just that, and also to illustrate her (many) grandchildren here in Israel.
I do hope that all the recipients of these cards, both young and old, will enjoy them.

2 comments:

Doda said...

Lovely cards.

You are still in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Kerry_Kid Giddy said...

I can't imagine living in or near a war zone. Your cards are absolutely amazing! You must have a tremendous amount of patience!!! Love the knitting card! -kerry

Shareaholic