Sunday 18 January 2009

Six

Tomorrow morning will be another one of those early starts for us. There's a birthday to celebrate! My youngest son will be turning six and he has been checking for days, no, weeks, that Mummy has made him a special card. You may remember the football themed card I made for my eldest son back in November. This time I was told exactly what should be on the card. It had to be my son in his Dracula dressing-up costume, with a bat on his shoulder. I hope that I have got it right!
My youngest is into all things scary at the moment, and that was the theme of his party on Friday. We played scary games, he wore his costume, and I made a haunted house cake, and ghost, bat, eyeball and snake cupcakes. Yummy!
Happy Birthday to my crazy, creative, stubborn, lovable, scary six year old!

7 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Happy Birthday to Master 6 - what a fun age to be! Dracula looked like the perfect theme choice - your card is excellent - the sweetest dracula I have ever seen. Love all the themed cupcakes too - perfect for a little boys party.

LizzieJane said...

A very Happy Birthday indeed! I think that your Birthday cards are wonderful, what a super Dracula, I think your little one must have been a very happy little boy on Friday. What yummy scary looking cupcakes, oh what a wonderful party he must have had!

Laurie said...

What a lucky little boy -- your themed baked goodies and card is fantastic!

Jenny said...

You've done a fantastic job! He must be soooo happy with his birthday celebration. I wish I was six!

julie said...

oh wow lisa. you have pulled out all the stops. you have amazing baking talents too!!
i would love to see the boys whole collection of birthday cards :) xx

Anonymous said...

gorgeously gruesome, I bet the kids were delighted.

Michaela said...

brilliant cakes! I love the idea with the liquorice bats. The vamopire card is just gorgeous too!

Shareaholic