Wednesday 21 July 2010

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?

I have already described here and here the customised cards I was commissioned to create for a family of boys, the three sons and husband of a good friend currently living away from Israel. Finally it was recently the middle boy's birthday and my friend let me know that she had given her son his card.
His brothers love playing football and painting, cutting and gluing respectively, but for this card I was asked to illustrate the birthday boy with a dog. Apparently he loves playing with dogs and really wants one of his own. That wish has yet to come true but in the meantime he loved his card and "everyone around thought it was beautiful too!".
Below you can see the cards for the entire family, now all distributed on the corresponding birthdays. I am looking forward to making another set next year, once my friend has decided what the current favourite hobbies and activities are.
My Etsy Treasury luck continues and this time my Purple Cupcake Notebook, middle row on the left, made it in to a lovely purple collection titled 'Softness'. It proved to have been a lucky treasury because I am pleased to say that the notebook was purchased this week and is currently winging its way to Beverly Hills!
One more post before I go! I have pretty much managed to finish off everything that I needed to do and now, with just a few days to go before we head off, I intend to start thinking about our trip and what we need to take with us.

3 comments:

MerCurios said...

Great birthday cards! Have fun of your trip. Congrats on the Treasuries; your work is beautiful.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Congrats on the sales, that is awesome, your work is lovely. Aren't treasuries fun :) T.

VeganCraftastic said...

What cute cards!

Shareaholic