Wednesday 7 July 2010

Eighty

My father-in-law recently celebrated a significant birthday. I make no secret of the fact that I find cards for men just a little bit challenging, and cards for older men even more so. This card came together quite nicely though and I was pleased with the end result, even if no mention has been of it at all since I mailed it!
Whilst I appreciate that most 80 year-olds do not celebrate their birthdays with a cake and balloons, those items seemed to fit the bill and allowed me to get the number eighty clearly into the picture. Who doesn't like a big chocolate cake with candles anyway?
Once again I am pleased to be able to display another lovely Etsy Treasury which included a piece of mine. My Penguin Papercut Picture can be seen in great company on the top row, second from the left. Blue and silver is a great combination and one that you can hardly go wrong with. Whilst my penguin doesn't actually have any silver within it's frame, several shades of blue make up the penguin's pool and it was great that the picture measured up anyway.
We will be travelling abroad soon, visiting the extended family in the UK, and so I am currently really busy completing orders and creating cards for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, which will be pretty much upon us by the time we get back and the kids return to school. I am enjoying the rush though and am pleased to say that I will have tons to show you here over the next few weeks. Heck, I might even get clever and try and schedule a few posts whilst I am away! What do you think?

5 comments:

PrairieWindDesigns said...

Would love to hear your posts while you travel!

LizzieJane said...

What a wonderful card for a wonderful father-in-law. Lucky you going to the UK. It has been to long since I made a visit. I hope you have a wonderful time while you are there. It would be fun if you could post while you are away... just to let us know what you are up to.
x

Creative Minds said...

That card is AWESOME

Kristin Aquariann said...

Great card! Your paper cutting skills are awesome.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Another wonderful card! Your items are so well made.

Shareaholic