Monday 24 December 2012

When the Red, Red Robin

When the red, red robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along, along...
Actually the song doesn't so much remind me of Christmas, but rather my Dad's favourite rugby league team, Hull Kingston Rovers. I have memories of Dad singing this song over and over again back in the 80's. Hull KR's nickname is 'The Robins', which originates from their traditional playing colours of red and white. Whenever fans wanted to show their appreciation to the club they would chant this song. They probably still do.
Rather than the rugby pitch, my robins were headed for these Christmas cards. I live in an area that does not really acknowledge Christmas. I don't see any Christmas paraphernalia on the street nor watch the seasonal commercials on the television. However I do have a card business and people, including myself, still need Christmas cards. This year the robins made it onto the cards.
So, happy holidays to you all. I wish you a merry and peaceful Christmas, and a wonderful new year.
Looking forward to a crafty and creative 2013.
Lisa x

4 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow....these r pretty sweet creations.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are adorable!!! Happy New Year Lisa!

Terri said...

Love the birds. The colors are great too. Hope you had a great Hanukkah. Happy New Year too!

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are so pretty!! Love the bird in the snow!! Great colors, doesn't need any more than this!!
Hugs, Wendy

Shareaholic