Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Year, New Babies

Happy New Year! My first post of 2013 and what better way is there to start the year than a post about some new babies! Please excuse the fact that this photo is a little grainy. It is just so dark here at the moment. To say that it is currently ever so grey and wet outside would be an understatement!
Anyway, a good friend of mine had a baby girl in the summer. I knew that she was going to receive lots of girl clothes because she has two boys already so guessed that everyone would go for clothes. I wanted to do something different, so I decided to make my friend one of my customised pictures.
I have shown Tia Shoshana - such pretty names - surrounded by her parents and her two big brothers. Everything is pink - she is going to be really into pink - and I added a couple of little girl items too - a teddy bear, a teeny tiny pink onesie and some butterflies. I included her name in Hebrew in bold pink letters and, as a final touch, had the picture framed in a matching pink frame.
Do you think I've used enough pink?
A customer asked me to make a new baby card for her brother's newborn twin boys. Mum is Scottish and the family is living in Scotland, so my customer wanted to highlight the babies Scottish roots on the card. She suggested the thistle, perhaps the most identifiable symbols of all things Scottish, and then I added the Scottie dog and the tartan stars. Some baby items completed the picture. After all, it was a new baby card!
This little girl was turning 2 and her grandparents wanted to give her a very special birthday card. Being 2 she obviously doesn't have any special hobbies just yet, but her Grandma told me that she loves books, so I made a little pile of them on the front of the card. I added some balloons, flowers, a sparkly wand and a teddy bear. What else do little girls love?

3 comments:

Additionsstyle said...

Amazing pieces as always! I love the framed piece, what a great gift for someone with a new baby girl.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Miss Val's Creations said...

The customized photos is perfect! The family will cherish it for years to come! Having Scottish roots I love the Scotch card. So fun! The thistle is very cool.

Terri said...

They are all great., I especially like the little onesies.

Teri

Shareaholic