Sunday 21 July 2013

Let's Hear It for the Boys

Yonatan celebrated his 10th birthday last month. His Mum told me that he is into anything computerised and asked me to include some of the big computer company names and their logos on his card. She was, however, a little bit afraid that the birthday boy would think that he was getting an iPhone or laptop of his own for his birthday but in the end I don't think that there was any great confusion! I suggested adding some balloons and cake to the card to give it a birthday theme, and made to sure to match his cool hairstyle from the photo supplied by the young man himself.
Jack was turning 14. His Auntie requested a card showing a football goalkeeper wearing a dark blue kit and white boots. I put the young man in front of the football net, preventing the opposing team from scoring a goal. I hope he managed it!
Finally, birthday cards are not just for 14 year old football fans or 10 year old computer whizzes. This 'young man' was turning 80 and his daughter felt that he should have a special card on the day too. He likes doing crosswords, drinking red wine and watching rugby, and can often be seen out and about wearing his Panama hat. It all went on the card. I hope he had a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Julie S said...

Let's hear it for the boys, indeed! Wonderful cards.

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are all great Lisa! I love the last one for the "young man". I look forward to the simple days of drinking red wine and doing crosswords each day. :)

Shareaholic