Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Very Sleepy Sloth - Part II

Mister Handmade in Israel recently celebrated his birthday but I'm a little late in blogging about it. The kids are home for the summer you see and, although they are now big enough to amuse themselves and to let me get on with my own thing to a certain extent, I am still a little out of sync. Anyway, better late than never, right?
Now, my hubby has learnt to open his birthday card with a teeny tiny amount of trepidation. For the last few years I've been making fun of him on his cards. And this year was no different! I am really not 100% sure that I should be telling you this on my blog but Mister Handmade in Israel is a sleeper. He loves to sleep. Often. And for a long time. I, on the other hand, do not need a huge amount of sleep. I prefer to read. But my hubby is a light sleeper and says my reading light disturbs him. Thus the mask.
I have shown my hubby snuggled under the duvet with his most glamorous grey and turquoise rimmed sleep mask on. His trusty alarm clock, with the long-missing digit, is by his side, along with a pile of his preferred reading material. The football money box, bought by the kids several years ago, and his black slippers with the hole in their toes (apparently he likes them that way!) feature too.
The kids, like always, got in on the act as well. Both of them made Daddy a lovely card but the youngest son's card, on the right, made my friend Mandy snort with laughter when she saw it. He drew the top of Daddy's head with its, ahem, receding hairline. His ears are a little pink and the sun cream spray is marked as "obviously not helping". Daddy's dreadful green hat appears too.
I think I have competition.
I'm sorry if I've given too many secrets away, Mister Handmade in Israel, but at least you got cake. Happy Birthday!
This is my 400th blog post. Writing about my hubby's birthday seems like a great post for it.

2 comments:

Meeling said...

Great cards! I always love handmade cards that kids make. I still have some from when we kids were little, they always bring a smile to my face. Happy birthday to your hubby! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration. And congrats on the 400th post!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby! The card is a riot! I can see how he is nervous to open his card each year. :) I tease my man too. He also turned 49, but back in December so I have to joke he is half a century old since I am 10years younger! 400 posts? That is awesome!

Shareaholic