Sunday 27 July 2014

Saba the Tailor

I'm not going to mention the terrible deaths of Israel's young soldiers, already two from my city, nor the rockets flying over our heads. I'm not going to mention the fact that nearly all the summer events have been cancelled, and that our long-planned holiday hangs in the balance at the moment unless flights to and from Israel are resumed. Instead I am going to show you one of my latest creations, just so that I can pretend that everything is good and normal. 
Saba (the Hebrew word for Grandfather) is a tailor, with his own shop in the UK. I received a photo of the shop so that I could copy it as accurately as possible. I have shown him proudly standing outside it, shop sign and all. Obviously he has more stock in the window than I have shown! These two suit jackets are for illustrative purposes only.
Saba's daughter-in-law tells me that he often wears a blue cap, especially here in the hot Israeli sun. I doubt he wears it for work. Anyway, it seems that I captured his look quite accurately because, not long after Mister Handmade in Israel had delivered the card for me, I received a message telling me "Lisa, you've done it again!!! The card's fantastic."
See... I do have something nice to write about from here.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is adorable Lisa! Stay safe. :)

Denise Kiggan said...

Thinking of you all. Trusting that peace comes again soon xx

Shareaholic