Monday 3 August 2015

Aron's Album

Aron's brother Sam celebrated his Bar Mitzvah back in 2013. His Aunty ordered a Bar Mitzvah album for him back then, and this year she asked me to create another one, this time for Aron.
Aron plays the bass guitar, enjoys playing rugby, and watching the Premier League football club Chelsea F. C.. He is a keen Scout, likes camping, and he also enjoys woodworking.
I have shown him with his bass guitar on the cover of his album. There is a saw and some wood to his left. On the right is the Chelsea F.C. crest, a rugby ball and posts, the Scouts logo, and a green tent. The background is blue, Aron's preferred colour.
I took the album to the UK myself when we travelled there for our nephew's Bar Mitzvah. I happened to be around shortly after Aron received his gift and he seemed thrilled with it! He couldn't believe that I had branded his bass guitar correctly (I had requested a photo of it) and loved all the details that I had included. It was delightful to see someone enjoying my work first-hand.
I embellished several pages inside the album. Each page, like the cover, has a black and white striped tallit (Jewish prayer shawl) on it since many boys begin to wear a tallit from the age of Bar Mitzvah, 13. In addition to the tallit, each embellished page took on a theme. The first page featured Aron's black bass guitar once again. Next I added a rugby ball and some goal posts, then Chelsea F.C.'s crest, followed by a woodworking themed page. Finally, I created a page devoted to the Scouts and Aron's love of camping.
This album was a lot of fun to work on, and the way it was received made all my obsession with detail effort worthwhile. If you would like to order a customised album / guest book for your own celebration, you can do so right here.

5 comments:

Quinn said...

I love the way you put so much movement into this one! So talented :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great details. What a well rounded young man. :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great details. What a well rounded young man. :)

TexWisGirl said...

really nice, lisa!

VeggieMummy said...

You certainly do put a lot of research and effort into every card. It's such a great idea to personalize them this way and I'm sure they are treasured. xx

Shareaholic