Wednesday 25 May 2016

3 Years Old and 50 Years Young

Jordy likes doing puzzles and painting. She is also a fan of Sophia the First (yes, I had to look her up - I have teenage boys!), Disney Princesses and Frozen. Her auntie sent me a recent photo of the birthday girl, so I was able to create a paper version of her sweet red and white striped dress too. I made the card pink and "girlie", just as requested. 
I had fun creating this 50th birthday card. There was no brief - just a request for a card saying "Happy Birthday Mum" in Hebrew - so I went to town with the spots and created something which I hope made Mum smile.
Mizzie loves the reality competition Project Runway so her husband asked me to create an anniversary card along that theme. Since the programme focuses on fashion design, I cut out some fancy dresses and shoes. It was Mizzie's husband's suggestion to swap her face with that of the female presenter, so Heidi Klum was out and Mizzie was in! Tim Gunn, the fashion consultant and longtime mentor on the programme stayed.
Mizzie obviously liked it. "Amazing card Lisa! You're the best" she wrote to me.

6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

They are amazing cards and that personal touch makes them unique. I can just imagine the delighted look on everyone's face when they receive them. Each card is absolutely fantastic!

TexWisGirl said...

too cute.

Miss Val's Creations said...

The cards came out great! I love Project Runway too. :)

Sharon Wagner said...

A project runway fan would be thrilled with a card like that. Great job!

VeggieMummy said...

I don't think we have Project Runway over here but the card is great. It must be lovely to receive such a personalized one. xx

handmade by amalia said...

These are so much fun.
Amalia
xo

Shareaholic