Thursday 16 August 2018

My Brother Jack

A regular customer of mine asked me to create a 21st birthday card for her niece, Sophie. She wanted me to show the birthday girl on the card, along with a big 21. I was also asked to include the badge of the university she is studying at.
Sophie's brother Jack was turning 19 (get it? My Brother Jack). Their auntie requested a Thailand theme for this card, since he was going to be there on his birthday. I went to town with this, adding the Golden Buddha (a gold statue located in the temple of Wat Traimit, Bangkok, Thailand), an elephant (the Thai elephant is the official national animal of Thailand), a pineapple (Thailand is the world's largest pineapple producer and exporter who accounts for about 50% of the world's pineapples market), some flip-flops and a big orange sun.
Finally, this beach scene card, below, is a design that I have made several times before, but I enjoy recreating it every now and then. It's that time of the year when many people are on holiday and spending time on the beach. I like to think that this card conveys "that summer feeling" perfectly.
Easy Peasy Pleasy

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

They're amazing as always!

Tom said...

...nothing beats personal design.

Meditations in Motion said...

Beautiful! You have an amazing talent!

likeschocolate said...

Lucky Jack! I am jealous! I would love to go to Thailand. Have a great week! Can't wait to see what cards you make this upcoming week.

Michele Morin said...

What a beautiful way to send greetings to a friend!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

So creative and amazing!

Lizzie Cole said...

I love all the colours and shapes on this card.

https://lizziedrippingblog.blogspot.com/

#pocolo

Claire Justine said...

These are lovely and so creative. Love the pineapple on it too :) Thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Link Up.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Both are wonderful! I'm sure that they loved them. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Shareaholic