Thursday 16 May 2019

30 Years and in the Spotlight

A lady contacted me with a request for a pearl wedding card to mark her daughter and son-in-law's 30th wedding anniversary. She gave me a little background information about the couple. Her daughter is a lawyer but also a singer. Apparently she sings in classical choirs both in Israel and abroad. Her husband is a psychologist. She asked me to include some music notes and a microphone on the card, and a book and newspaper design for the psychologist. I included a law book for the lawyer as well.
The Hebrew greeting on the card wishes the couple Mazal Tov - literally meaning "good luck", though the phrase is used to express "congratulations" - on their special anniversary.
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Sarah Sussman of the 'Judaica in the Spotlight' online art magazine to see if I would like to be interviewed for the arts section. I was delighted to be asked and was happy to answer the questions she subsequently sent me.
Sarah wanted to know what inspired me to become an artist and what my speciality is. She wanted to know how and where I work, what the most indispensable item in my studio is, and from where I take my inspiration. She asked me about my favourite items in my current collection and about the first artwork I ever sold.
The interview went live on 'Judaica in the Spotlight' in March. For those of you who may not have seen the feature yet, please do pop by and "read all about it" here. I hope that you enjoy learning a little bit more about me, my work and my inspirations.

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Congrats on the feature!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Congratulations on the feature Lisa! I love that people call you The Card Lady! Your newest creation is perfect as always.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! You are SO talented and that's quite an honor!

Michelle said...

Wonderful that your talent was showcased. Your art is beautiful and you obviously have great talent. Thanks for linking up today.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another beauty for a couple!

VeggieMummy said...

Great interview - I love the thought of you cutting and sticking at your desk while your father sleeps in the same room! The cards are all beautiful, but I especially like the couple sitting on the park bench with the autumn leaves behind. Happy cutting. xx

Crummy Mummy said...

These are amazing cards! Very lucky recipients! #MMBC

Junieper/Jesh said...

Oh, what a great recognition from Judaica - congrats! Hope much will come out of this, Lisa. You deserve it, working so hard at it! LOVE the presentation for Danny and Maiki:) So fun - and that's what a marriage should be! Great post for anyone who is thinking about making a business of their art! Have a lovely week, Blog Friend!

Jayne said...

This is wonderful Lisa! A big congratulations on your feature, you totally deserve it. You can really see the love and attention to detail that goes into every make. x #MMBC

Shareaholic