Wednesday 29 May 2019

It literally looks like him!

A fellow member of the Facebook group IWEN, which stands for Israeli Women Entrepreneurs' Network, contacted me and asked me to make a special card for her son's 18th birthday. His interests over the years have included Minecraft, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering and whittling, she told me. She also sent me a photograph of her son so that I could get his goatee just right.
I was asked to include all of her son's interests on his card, plus the number 18 to mark his age. It was a special birthday and "we are so grateful to reach this day. Thank you for helping us do it in style." she wrote to me.
I have shown her son, goatee and all, whittling a piece of wood. I made sure to include his black kippa (skullcap) and showed him wearing the very same green T-shirt he was wearing in the photograph my customer sent me. To his right is a green Minecraft Creeper (yes, I just looked that up!) and some Dungeons & Dragons dice (I knew about those because my son was once into it). On his left are some random Magic: The Gathering cards. Apparently he has quite a collection. I added the logos of these three brands on the card too.
I was more than delighted to read this post by my customer in the IWEN group some days later:
"I need to sing out my praises for Lisa Isaacs!
Yesterday was my son's 18th birthday, and for those of you who don't know, he's been through a LOT of scary medical stuff, and his 18th birthday needed to be CELEBRATED!
Not only did Lisa create a portrait that literally looks like him (!) but I forgot to tell her what to include until last minute, and she did a rush job, AND she found a shaliach
[messenger] to bring it to me in Beit Shemesh (thank you, C.!)
Creative genius plus customer service that went above and beyond - I cannot recommend Lisa highly enough!"

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love it! So fun to see pictures of your customers with the cards, too!

betty-NZ said...

You are so good at making these! I suppose it's not as involved as I think to get the 'people' looking like the recipient, but I am still in awe at your work!!

Your link is a great part of 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for joining us.
My Corner of the World

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is fantastic Lisa! The goatee came out great. I did not know Dungeons & Dragons is still around. My brother used to play it back in the 1980s!

VeggieMummy said...

This post made me smile as the interests are pretty much identical to those of my daughter's boyfriend! Excellent customer service indeed. xx

Aritha V. said...

Well done (and my son likes this card too) Super.

Lisa notes... said...

How special to get a card that looks like himself. This is so cool. Thanks for sharing!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another amazing card and I'm sending warm thoughts that his scary medical stuff goes away.

Chickenruby said...

That's a fab card and such a lovely keepsake also

Chickenruby said...

forgot to add i'm visiting from #pocolo

Eclectic Red Barn said...

Lisa,
Sorry I am late, but congrats you are being featured at Thursday Favorite Things.
https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/06/thursday-favorite-things.html
Hugs,
Bev

Claire Justine said...

Love card Lisa :) You are so creative. Thanks for sharing at Lipstick Dress Powered And Paint #LinkUp

Shareaholic