Friday 9 August 2019

A Dancer and a Baker

Young Ma'ayanei celebrated her 7th birthday at the end of July. Her mum showed me a gymnastics photo from her end of year show and asked me to use it as inspiration for the card. I copied the fancy fabric of Ma'ayanei's top and added the colourful scrunchie in her hair and on her wrist.
I hope she liked her card.
Sophie was turning 22. She is a fabulous baker and has shown some amazing cakes on her sophiebcakes Instagram page. Her auntie asked me to make a card for her along that theme. She sent me you a screenshot of her niece's Instagram page and I was able to incorporate some of the photos of her cakes into my design. I created a paper version of her unicorn cake, added some cupcakes, measuring spoons and a spatula, and finished off the card with Sophie's Instagram name.
This was quite a late order but I do like to keep my customer's happy. I made the card in super quick time and delivered it to her husband. I was aware that my customer was actually in London, where her niece lives, but still wanted to order one of my cards. She could have simply walked into any store to buy a card for her niece.
"I can't believe how quickly you made it. I really appreciate it." she wrote to me, then added "My niece would never forgive me if I didn't send a card from you!"
Finally, my best friend back in the UK recently celebrated her birthday. She and I were at art school together, a number of years ago now, and we often discuss our work. My friend, like Mister Handmade in Israel, likes my papercuts, so this year I made her a papercut card. I cut her name in script from white stock and added a pale green paper inlay.
I think she liked it!

13 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Fantastic cards - even the last minute one! I especially love the paper cut one with the beautiful backing colour. Have a great weekend. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

These cards are adorable. Sophie's cakes look fabulous! I love seeing kids be so creative. Your cutouts always amaze me Lisa.

Chickenruby said...

I'd love to receive a handmade card, even a shop card would be appreciated from certain people #pocolo

Jayne said...

Fab cards as always Lisa! I love the little baking accessories, such amazing detail!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

Amy Johnson said...

I just love how personalized these cards are, even down to the scrunchie in her hair!! So cute!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Beautiful work - love the 2 colorful cards of the gymnast and baker and I always like your cut out names.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Very talented!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lisa, these are all wonderful and unique and perfect for each recepient ... plus they show how talented you are!

Claire Justine said...

Another great card Lisa. You are so talented :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at The Weekend Blog Hop. Hope you can join us today.

little orange dog said...

I love seeing what you've been up to, you never disappoint with your beautiful cards. Can't wait to see what next week brings. You are a very clever lady.

#MMBC

Junieper/Jesh said...

The 7-year old's birthday card is very cute! We watch the British baking show on TV/Youtube, which starts with 12 chosen home bakes and every (weekend I believe) they back 3 kinds of required things, till one baker is left, who wins. So,there's a lot of baking going on in the UK. Here in the US, there are several kids-baking shows (Gordon Ramsey also has one going on). You did a fabulous job in a short time!
But I love the idea of your third card - beautiful! Guess your trip is over and you're back to work - thanks for sharing these 3! Have a great week!

Stephanie 139a said...

They look great! Love the name cards! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Saphire said...

There are many theories about the best time to post. For us, we post at least once a day, everyday. In order for your account to stay relevant in Insta Mods eyes, you should stay active. If you have the time to post twice a day, that could certainly help your engagement levels on your daily posts. However, be mindful about posting too much. If you’re posting multiple times a day, that can be off putting to your followers and you may see a quick decrease in your following. Posting can be a balancing act at times, but you’d be surprised at how quickly you find a rhyme that works for you

Shareaholic