Monday 26 August 2019

Their Wedding Picture

A new customer asked me to make a special card for her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary, their silver wedding anniversary. She asked me to create a paper reproduction of their wedding picture and to add the number 25, along with flags of the UK and Israel.
Apparently the historic origins of wedding anniversaries date back to the Holy Roman Empire, when husbands crowned their wives with a silver wreath on their twenty-fifth anniversary, and a gold wreath on the fiftieth. No wreaths were requested for this card, but I did cut out the number 25 from silver and finished off my design with a small silver heart.
"Just picked up my card!! I love it thanks so much!!" my customer wrote to me.

12 comments:

Anne said...

Such a beautiful card as usual. I didn't know about the silver wreath tradition. I will always remember my Mum and Dad's Silver anniversary, they had so many silver gifts.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

25 years is a wonderful anniversary and as always your card is a beautiful memento of the date.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

oops! #MMBC

The Writing Greyhound said...

This is a beautiful card - I hope they love it! #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

Mazal tov to them! Lovely card!

VeggieMummy said...

That's interesting - I never knew that the tradition dated from the Romans. Beautiful card as always. xx

thisiswhereitisat said...

What a lovely card to celebrate an amazing milestone X #mmbc

Enda Sheppard said...

Great card ... lovely to have the personal touch #TwinklyTuesday

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Lisa,
What a lovely and unique card. I am a card designer myself in the last 15
years, so I know a bit about how much work goes into each card.
You did a lovely job and I am sure that card was very appreciated for how
special and personalized it was.
Blessings from America,
Nellie

Jeanna said...

That's a lovely card, I always did like working with colored paper. The silver 25 is a nice touch. I'm guessing not many wives were around to be crowned with a gold wreath.

Claudya said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Kate said...

Lovely card, these must take you ages to do. #twinklytuesday

Shareaholic