Tuesday 13 August 2019

Exactly like Marc

Marc recently celebrated his birthday. He loves the New York Mets and often listens to games on his phone, holding his phone to his ear like it's an old transistor radio. He is also a fan of the author David Baldacci, enjoys walks on the beach and the occasional gin and tonic, his wife told me.
Now, I can't always promise to create an exact likeness for my cards. After all, they are papercuts and not oil paintings. However, I sometimes get it just right and this card was one of those cards. I knew as I was making it that my little paper portrait of Marc looked, well, exactly like Marc!
I have shown Marc holding an old transistor radio up to his ear, listening to a Mets game. He has a gin and tonic in his other hand. A beach scene is behind him, with the sun shining high in the sky. I added the Mets logo and a baseball bat and ball in one corner. A copy of his favourite David Baldacci book, Redemption, is featured too.
I knew that Marc and his wife were going to love the card. They were really enthusiastic about it and both called me independently, brimming with enthusiasm over my design. They couldn't believe how much it looked like him!
Confessions of a New Mummy

13 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

You always do an amazing job capturing someone in your papercuts Lisa! The card came out fantastic!

VeggieMummy said...

It does indeed look just like him. I think if you were to make a card for my birthday, I might be holding a G&T too! xx

Sandra Nachlinger said...

You are so clever! No wonder Marc and his wife were so delighted with your creation. I hope they frame it. I would!

Peabea Scribbles said...

Absolutely great capture of him on your card. Lovely. :)

Ella @ Typical Mummy said...

Oh wow! That looks exactly like him!! You are very talented! #TwinklyTuesday

a spirit of simplicity said...

Happy birthday Marc! My grandfather used to listen to the Red Sox games on a transistor radio!

Tamar SB said...

Another great card!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I think it's one of your best cards!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my gosh, this is darling! I just love how you personalize your cards!

Cheryl said...

That is amazing how you've captured his likeness. Really clever. Not surprised they both liked it. #MMBC

Kate said...

This is brilliant, you've captured him perfectly. Thanks for sharing and linking up #twinklytuesday

Jayne said...

What a fab likeness! You are so talented Mrs. I do love your creations.
Enjoy the rest of your week. x

Claire Justine said...

What a great card, you made it match brilliantly, Lisa :) Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday Blog Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow.

Shareaholic