Thursday 21 November 2019

Piano and Triathlons

Gavriel and Amitai recently celebrated their Bar Mitzvah but before that they had their 13th birthday to mark. Mum asked me to make some special cards for the occasion. Gavriel plays the piano and loves swimming, she told me, while Amitai likes to run, bike and swim in triathlons. He also plays the guitar.
Since the boys were soon to celebrate their Bar Mitzvah, Mum asked me to add a Magen David, or Star of David, to add a Jewish element to the card as well.
I have shown Gavriel, whose favourite colour is red, playing the piano. He is wearing swimming goggles so that he can move on to his other favourite activity after a few tunes!
A big yellow number 13 marks his age.
Amitai's favourite part of the triathlon is running. Mum told me that he always wears black shorts and black and white adidas T-shirt for it. I have shown him running across the card, guitar in hand! His black bike is in the background and the black flippers that he uses for the swimming part of the triathlon are to his left.
Amitai likes yellow, so I made that the background colour of his card.
"Great cards" mum said.
Since I already knew the boys' favourite colours, I decided to make them special cards for their Bar Mitzvah just a few weeks later. These cards show a tallit prayer shawl, a kippa (skullcap) and a Sefer Torah (a long scroll containing the entire text of the Five Books of Moses: the biblical books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy). A Jewish boy who has reached the age of 13 wears a tallit for morning prayer, during the week, as well as on Shabbat and other holy days. Gavriel and Amitai wore a tallit for the very first time when they were called up to read from the Torah on the first Shabbat that followed their 13th birthday.
PoCoLo

8 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

The cards are fantastic, Lisa. Nice to see satisfied customers.
Amalia
xo

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great jobs personalizing the cards - I love the boy running.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards - before I scrolled down, I was wondering if you'd cut all 88 keys out for the piano keyboard! :0) xx

Tamar SB said...

Such special cards for each boy!

Unique creations by Anita said...

The cards are fantastic well done.

junieper2/jesh StG said...

These cards make me smile - they are so active (the boys)! What is also nice is to have a photo with the recipients, especially the pianist looks different from what I though he would look like! The last one takes the cake! Bravo for you, who is exhibiting a lot of skill here! Many thanks for sharing this run post with All Seasons! That you may accomplish much this week:)

thisiswhereitisat said...

They look so happy , lovely X #mmbc

Stephanie 139a said...

I don't know how you do it!?!! But I'm glad you do - thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic