Monday 17 February 2020

With Love

Although the Jewish holiday of Tu B'Av is officially the holiday of love in Israel, Valentine's Day has become increasingly popular over the years. The shops here are certainly not full of Valentine's Day goodies and cards as I remember they were in the UK, but the occasional red heart does pop up here and there. Mister Handmade in Israel and I have always exchanged cards and small gifts on Valentine's Day though. I guess we're still a little bit British at heart.
Ever since I created this papercut for Mister Handmade in Israel's 50th birthday back in 2014, he has been a big fan of that style of art. For Valentine's Day I made him this card with a heart, a rose and the hand lettered message 'With Love' on it. I cut the card out of natural white stock and added a pink paper inlay.
He loved the card and the "You make my Heart-saur" dinosaur socks that I bought for him. See how romantic I really am? 😉
Mister Handmade in Israel didn't forget Valentine's Day either. I received a cute little card with a poem that still has me in fits of giggles when I think about it. The chocolate and flowers arrived on Valentine's Day morning and were very much appreciated! I have just returned from a trip to the UK. I think he might have missed me...

8 comments:

italiafinlandia said...

This is a dream-like card!
Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.
All the best!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Beautiful card as always. I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day. #MMBC

Cheryl said...

I love papercut cards and this one is perfect. You are clever. Simple, but strong message. The best kind. Lovely flowers. I think he did miss you! #mmbc

Teresa B said...

It's beautiful, thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

Kim Carberry said...

That is beautiful. It looks like a lot of work went into it.
Well done to your Mr. The flowers and chocolates look fab x

Joanne said...

That is a beautiful card!

kateonthinice said...

Love the cut out card idea. Also those flowers are beautiful and I an envious as I got nothing. #TwinklyTuesday

Claire Justine said...

Beautiful and creative card, Lisa. Great work. Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Mondays.

Shareaholic