Tuesday 14 April 2020

Ilan, Daniel and Ro'i

A regular customer asked me to make a Bar Mitzvah card for Ilan, a dear family friend who they have watched grow up. Apparently he is a great football player and supports the German sports club Bayern Munich. My customer was also keen for me to show him wearing tefillin. Tefillin are cubic black leather boxes containing parchments with biblical passages. Just before their Bar Mitzvah Jewish men start wearing tefillin on their head and their arm during weekday morning prayer. A left-handed person, like Ilan, places tefillin on the right arm.
I showed Ilan in a red FC Bayern Munich shirt. He is wearing tefillin on his head and right arm. Behind him I added his favourite team's crest and a football net. He has a football in his arm. To his right I added a Star of David, or Magen David, and the number 13 to mark his age.
Daniel was Bar Mitzvah last year. I showed him playing the ukulele on the cover of his Bar Mitzvah album. This year mum told me that he is into basketball, exercising using his doorway pull-up bar and that he loves to cook.
Finally, Ro'i, Daniel's oldest brother, is now a soldier in the Israel Defence Forces (IDF). His mum asked me to show him in his olive green uniform and wearing the maroon beret of the paratroopers. I made sure to include his silver paratrooper wings on his uniform, which signify that he has successfully completed his parachuting course. Ro'i also recently passed his driving test, so I showed him proudly holding the car keys as well.
Mum was thrilled with the card. "It looks just like him! I love it! Thank you." she wrote to me.

12 comments:

Claire Justine said...

Some great cards here Lisa :)

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. It must be lovely when people request cards every year - you get to see how their children's interests change as they grow. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are fantastic Lisa!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Wonderful! I love that you can personalize them.

Tamar SB said...

All 3 are so great!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's always importat to celebrate teh special times of life like birthdays - lovely cards as usual. Hope you and your family are well.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those young men will have a history of their growing up years through your annual cards. How lucky they are!

Claire Justine said...

Thanks for stopping by Lisa. Just hopping over from #PoCoLo :)

Sharon Wagner said...

It must be fun to be the recipient of your cards.

Jayne said...

Beautiful cards as always! And so lovely to look back on in time to come. x

Lovely said...

The cards are so cute, so creative!

xoxo
Lovely

http://mynameislovely.com

Chickenruby said...

I love the personal detail you go into when you make these cards. Thanks for linking up with #pocolo, hope everyone is well and look forward to seeing you back later this week

Shareaholic