Monday 13 September 2021

Sam and Jonny

A customer asked me to make a birthday card for her husband. She wanted me to show him playing the guitar. I checked what type of guitar he plays and was told that he has a collection. She suggested that I show her husband playing a red electric guitar, with an acoustic guitar next to him. I even checked that he is right handed for accuracy!
His wife was thrilled with the card. "It's amazing. You captured him exactly. He will love it. Thank you." she wrote to me.
Back in May Jonny completed a long trek around the Kinneret, or the Sea of Galilee. The lake is situated in northeast Israel, between the Golan Heights and the Galilee region, in the Jordan Rift Valley. It is approximately 53 km in circumference, about 21 km long and 13 km wide. Jonny, along with two friends, completed the circuit around the lake in 3 days, covering 70 km, including 39 km in just one day! He declared it his most challenging physical activity ever. I should say so!
Shortly after returning from the trek he celebrated his 53rd birthday. His wife asked me to create a card showing her husband and his friends. I showed the three guys, Jonny in the front holding the map and leading the way! Behind them is the beautiful Kinneret. The number 53 marks his age.
Jonny loved the card. "Great card!" he wrote to me. "Not entirely accurate as we are all smiling!"
I am not surprised that he found the 70 km trek a bit tough!
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
PoCoLo

13 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

What great cards.
Jonny and his friends do look rather happy after doing that trek. hehehe x

Michele Morin said...

Love the detail that you checked handedness!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's hard to find a decent card for a man but your always look perfect. #MMBC

Tom said...

...wonderful gifts for happy fellows.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

Love both of those cards, and the little details (like checking handedness!) make them so special. I'm very impressed by Jonny's hike around the Sea of Galilee - that sounds like quite a challenge! #MMBC

Cheryl said...

Jonny's card's figures almost look like they are standing out of the card. I'm so impressed by his and his friend's hike. You couldn't have had them all glaring out of the card. You've positioned the guitarists perfect, as if caught in the act. Beautiful cards as ever. #mmbc

Joanne said...

LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't smile while I hike. I tend to prefer the hikes after I'm back to creature comforts myself. What wonderful cards.

Tamar SB said...

These are lovely!!

Claire Justine said...

These are lovely, Lisa. I noticed the guitar one straight away as my dad used to love guitars when he was alive and we still have a room with them in. Such a beautiful card. It would have been his birthday on Thursday too.

Thanks so much for joining us at the link-up this week.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I especially love the trek one. I'm not sure that I'd be smiling after walking that distance either! xx

Fancyingfrance said...

Your eye for detail is amazing, Lisa; as are your cards #pocolo

Jayne said...

What fab cards. I love the guitars, this would be very apt for my eldest brother, he loves playing his electric guitar (with a very loud amp!).

Emille (Jesh) said...

These are such fun groups, Lisa! And it says something when another artist gives you work!

Shareaholic