Monday 10 January 2022

A Castle With a Scottish Flag

A customer asked me to make a 50th birthday card for her husband's upcoming big day. She wanted me to show him on the card, along with several things that are important to him. The list included whisky, a castle with a Scottish flag, a red Tesla, Dungeons & Dragons and a sword. She requested an extra large card, so there was plenty of room for her long list!
I showed her bespectacled husband in the centre of the card. He is holding a glass of whisky. On his right is a castle flying the blue and white flag of Scotland. Below the castle is a bottle of whisky. I added a gold coloured 50 to mark his age.
On his left I cut out a bright red Tesla. I added the charger to show that it is an electric car. Below the card is a sword. Finally, I carefully cut out the scarlet-red logo of Dungeons & Dragons - two letters "D" connected by an ampersand resembling a silhouette of a dragon. Dungeons & Dragons is a fantasy role-playing game that was first published in 1974.
My customer loves the colour purple, which I even included on her silver wedding anniversary card back in 2020. She requested that I use the colour once again.
Her husband loved the card! 
* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun. and Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

10 comments:

Catherine said...

This card looks amazing! I love all the detail on the whisky bottle :o)

#MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a fab card! I love all the detail. You really do include everything asked for in such a great way x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

What a fun card. It's so hard to find cards appropriate for men. #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

Brilliant card. The details are wonderful; no wonder he loved it. xx

Ruth@PLAYWORKEATREPEAT said...

Such a fantastic card. I'm amazed by all the details #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

So many fun details!!

Anne said...

It would have to be a big card to include so much. Your customers ask a lot of you but I bet they know that they can trust you to deliver.
#mmbc

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

He's a busy guy! Good thing she ordered an extra-large card -- and it is a perfect one.

Hels said...

If I was the husband celebrating his 50th birthday, I would put the large card in a frame, cover with glass and hang it on the wall for everyone to enjoy.

italiafinlandia said...

The dragon in particular is awesome 😆

Shareaholic