Sunday 21 January 2024

80 Years Young

Once again I am playing catch up and sharing some cards that I made for some lovely ladies who were celebrating their 80th birthdays back in early 2022.
The first card was for a nana who was a tour guide by profession and also a wonderful baker. Her daughter-in-law told me that she makes delicious chocolate chip cookies and cakes.
I showed Nana with a plate of cookies in one hand and a sign saying "Tour Guide" in the other. Tour guides often carry a flag so that if/when people get lost they can spot the flag. Behind her is a view of Jerusalem and the Dome of the Rock, and next to her is some cake. A big blue number 80 marks her age.
I know this nana personally and she was kind enough to write to me after she received her card:
Hi Lisa
Just want to say thank you for the terrific birthday card you designed for my 80th birthday. I can't stop smiling at it all day. It's right here on the table so I am with this silly grin all day long!
Thank you, thank you!

My second card was for a mum who turned 80 at the end of May that year. She lives in the basement of my customer's sister's house and enjoys a bit of gardening at the entrance to the space. Her daughter told me that anemones are her favourite flower.
I showed this mum watering the flowers by her front door. I added a lot of red and purple anemones since they are her favourite. A big red number 80 marks her age.
Once again, the card was very well received:
Dear Lisa, I just wanted to share with you that I gave my mum the beautiful card you made and she absolutely loved it, showing it to everyone that came to her birthday tea.
Finally, a customer asked me to make a card for her friend who was soon to be celebrating her 80th birthday. She asked me to put a big number 80 on the card, but also requested an aeroplane to represent her friend's love of travel, a birthday cake and the blue and white Israeli flag.
She called to tell me that her friend really loved the card.
* This post has been shared on Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) and Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.

Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We absolutely loved Nana’s card! It was a perfect depiction of her and made us all smile so very much. Your eye is extraordinary for catching the essence of the person. Honestly a true work of art ❤️

VeggieMummy said...

Excellent cards; I hope I look that good at 80! :O) xx

hels said...

80 is such a landmark birthday. On one hand, we may be reluctant to acknowledge our advancing age but on the other, we are delighted to enjoy the growing family and friends. Your cards show the pleasures.

Catherine said...

These are absolutely beautiful, you're so clever! I really love the gardening card :o)

#MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! What lovely cards and how wonderful to get such good feedback. They made me smile too.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I always enjoy your beautiful cards - they show so much creativity. #MMBC

NCSue said...

Beautiful cards. You have such a gift!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-beautiful-basilica-in-paray-le.html

Joanne said...

Those are all such lovely works of art and it was so heart warming to hear how well received they were!

annies home said...

looks like lots of fun and tedious work into these fine cards. So good looking pride in getting to that right old age. I bet the ladies loved them
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Your cards always make me smile. They are beautiful. xxx

Jennifer Wise said...

These are just beautiful. I can never get over how completely personalized they are! Lovely. Visiting from the Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup.

Shareaholic