Monday 4 March 2024

The Tallest Letter

A Facebook group, Israeli shops to purchase from, was set up back in October, in the aftermath of the outbreak of war in Israel. It currently has 57.9K members worldwide who are keen to buy handmade items, jewellery, home decor, Judaica and more from Israeli sellers, many of whom are struggling to make online sales in these difficult times.
I was happy to share my papercut pictures in the group and am pleased to say that they were well received. Along with some Chai papercuts, I have also sent these letter Lameds to a customer in the US.
I have posted about the Hebrew letter Lamed before. It is the twelfth letter and also the tallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet. The letter has the sound of "l" as in "Lisa". I drew a sans-serif letter and filled it with flowers, leaves and one of my signature little birds.
The blue and yellow backing paper colours were my customer's choice.
My papercut Hebrew letters are drawn and cut entirely by hand. They fit into a standard 8" x 10" frame with a mat opening of 4.5" x 6.5". You will receive your papercut UNFRAMED.
If you would like a papercut letter, please just let me know by sending me an email or by commenting on this post. Please be sure to note which colour backing paper you would like too.
Each letter costs $40 + postage and packing.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

16 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

That is great about the Facebook group, what a great help for those who make and sell things. What beautiful cards, you are so talented. x

Tom said...

...I hope that this mess can somehow come to a peaceful end!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I always like your beautiful paper cut art - lovely. Stay safe!

italiafinlandia said...

Cleverly done. Hope you are safe and well.

Richard said...

Lovely papercuts.

Aritha V. said...

I already responded to your Insta, but now also on your blog. I'll see if I can find the store on Facebook.

Now I'm just here to say that I think your letter is fantastic. It's so artistically carved or cut. What a beautiful form of art, isn't it?

Warm regards, Aritha
The Netherlands

Handmade in Israel said...

Thank you for your kind words, Aritha. The 'Israeli shops to purchase from' group is actually hyperlinked, so you can just click on the link to get there. Happy shopping!

Joanne said...

Those are beautiful!

hels said...

My name starts with an aleph. Wider and shorter, just like me. I would rather be taller and slimmer.

VeggieMummy said...

Your paper cuts are beautiful and I love your signature bird. The Facebook group is an excellent idea. Stay safe. xx

NCSue said...

Beautiful work!
Praying for peace, Lisa.
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/03/introducing-tommy.html

Jayne said...

You are super talented Lisa and you know I love all of your work.

The Facebook group sounds very supportive and I'm so glad that many others are loving your art too. xx

Jennifer Wise said...

This is really beautiful! Nicely done. I lived in Israel for 2 years about 20 years ago, and I grew to love things I never knew existed (like za'atar and Bamba), so I'll definitely have to check out the Facebook group and see what's there. Visiting from the Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup.

Sum of their Stories said...

Your papercuts are beautiful. We all hope and pray for peace in your part of the world asap.

Tamar SB said...

I love your work! My mom has the print you made proudly on her wall!

Stephanie said...

You are very talented! I love the intricate details of your papercuts. Thank you for sharing them at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #28!

Shareaholic