Thursday 21 March 2024

She Requested a "Lisa Card"

I made this card a month before my youngest son died, so Meital is now a little older. It's a cute card though and one that I still wanted to share here. I hope she doesn't mind.
Meital requested a "Lisa card" that she could use as a new door sign for her bedroom. I made a set for her whole family back in 2019 and Meital wanted to update hers.
I was asked to show her singing and dancing. She loves 'Just Dance', a dance video game, and 'Simply Sing', an app that enables you to improve your singing. Mum also asked me to show Meital wearing the green shirt of NOAM, the youth movement she goes to. (NOAM is an acronym for No'ar Masorti, Masorti Youth, a Zionist youth movement.) The orange cord at the collar of Meital's shirt, known in Hebrew as a sroch hadracha, displays her rank.
Meital loves the caramel shortbread chocolate bar Twix and, in mum's words, "unfortunately her phone". There was also a request to include 'BTS', also known as the Bangtan Boys, a South Korean boy band and 'Black Pink', a South Korean girl group, on her card. I had to look them up!
I already knew that Meital loves Christmas and anything to do with it. I added a red Santa hat and some Christmas decorations, quite an unusual request for a Jewish girl living in Israel but hey, I love Christmas too! Finally mum told me that light grey is Meital's favorite colour, so I made that the background colour of her card.
Meital was going to be turning 10, but since she wanted to use the birthday card as a sign for her bedroom door, I decided to leave her age off the card on this occasion.
Mum told me that "I made someone very happy today!" when she opened her card. The accompanying photos were a delight to receive.
PoCoLo

10 comments:

Joanne said...

Your card is a work of art, as always but I just love seeing the photos of her giant smile and hugging that card to her chest. You definitely made her very happy!

Richard said...

Lovely card

VeggieMummy said...

A beautiful card for a beautiful girl. xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great card and your customer is adorable.

Hels said...

I love the NOAM uniform. It reminds me EXACTLY of the Habonim uniform here (Melbourne) in the 1950s and 60s, only greener.

Kim Carberry said...

What a fab card and I love that she calls it a "Lisa card". That's such a great compliment.

Stephanie said...

This lovely card made me smile. Thank you for sharing another beautiful creation and story with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds Link Party #30.

PaulaShort said...

This card is just beautiful! It sure did make someone all smiles didn't it. You do such lovely work. Visiting today from PoCoLo #13&14

Jayne said...

Aw, I think it's evident how much Meital loves her card!
I love the details and the little Twix bars are brilliant. x

Stephanie 139a said...

It's easy to see why she wanted one, and love that 'Lisa cards' are a thing! #PoCoLo

Shareaholic