Monday 15 July 2024

Atara's Album

Atara celebrated her Bat Mitzvah back in April and her mum asked me to create a customized album for the occasion. Atara likes music and dancing, dogs, roller skating, emojis, tacos and Coca-Cola, she told me. 
Atara knew exactly how she wanted to look on the album cover. It was important to her that I show her side bangs (I am not sure what you call them in British English!) and to show her wearing her denim jacket and with lots of bracelets on her wrists. She wanted it to say Atara in English on top and then בת המצווה של עטרה (Atara's Bat Mitzvah) in Hebrew at the bottom. She also requested a cute white dog (like her next door neighbours have) and music notes.
I made sure she got everything that she wanted.
Atara's album opens the Hebrew way, from right to left. I have shown her wearing her favourite denim jacket, with some roller skates slung over her shoulder and a can of Coca-Cola in her other hand. Her hair is loose, with the side bangs shown as requested. Behind Atara is a little white dog, her favourite emojis and a plate with some tacos on it. Truthfully I thought there was already quite enough on the cover, but Atara wanted music notes in the background too. It looks a little busy but it made the Bat Mitzvah girl happy!
I made the background light purple, as Atara requested, and added some music notes in two corners of the album cover. The lettering is silver.
I decorated five pages inside the album as well. The first page has music notes on it, to illustrate Atara's love of dance and music. Next, I made another version of her neighbour's cute white dog, below. This was followed by a page showing a pair of white roller skates, just like Atara's own skates. Another page has emojis on it, then finally, one of the last pages in the album has some tiny tacos and a can of Coca-Cola on it. They are Atara's favourites.
It seems that Atara was delighted with her album. "It's so cute! We love it!" her mum wrote to me.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

13 comments:

Catherine said...

I love this! It's so full of miniature details :)

I would call her hairstyle a side parting. I'm not sure whether others would say side fringe?

#MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a lovely album!
I love all the details that you have included, the emoji's are just brilliant!

Hels said...

The roller skates with the shoe laces casually hanging through the bat mitzvah girl's fingers look very cool and perfect for young teens. I remember being that casual at 12-16 :)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

A great picture filled with details to make our young lady happy. #MMBC

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a thoughtful and beautiful album!

Joanne said...

That is so cute! Lots of fun little details and honestly the business of the cover makes me think she's just a very active and happy young woman.

VeggieMummy said...

Your attention to detail is second to none. I had to zoom in on the roller skates to see how you had made them; they are so realistic. I love the little dog too! xx

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I am amazed at your attention to detail and are able to make all of the little things such as the tacos and the skates. Such a meaningful and memorable album for Atara .

Tamar SB said...

Such a sweet album!!

Stephanie said...

Amazing details! I love that you included the cute white dog. You always create such lovely cards. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #47. ♡

Jayne said...

Another fabulous creation! You need to start making some journals and planners so I can add to my ever-growing collection! Haha. x

PaulaShort said...

Oh My, Atara's album is beautiful.
Visiting today from MMBC

Julie @ My Wee Abode said...

I love your work, Lisa! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About! I'm delighted to be featuring your post at this week's party!