Sunday, 27 September 2026

32 Years Deserves a Medal

I made a fun card for a friend's birthday in 2024, showing him scuba diving on his bike. Recently, his wife once again asked me to make him an anniversary card, but this time the brief was a little simpler. She sent me a favourite photo of the couple at their daughter's recent wedding and asked me to recreate it. She also had one additional request: "Give him a medal with 32 on it", a humorous way to mark their 32nd wedding anniversary.
I carefully recreated their photo, taking care to capture all the details, including my friend's sparkly dress and the backdrop of the wedding venue. She had also asked me to decorate the card with hearts, so my finishing touch was to add gold and red hearts.
I wonder if anyone in my friend's group will recognise the happy couple from the card? I think it really does look like them – even if I say so myself! I hope they were able to recognise themselves and enjoy once again the happy memories of their daughter's wedding day.

17 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

You have tremendous talent, dear friend! Beautiful!
32 years is amazing!

VeggieMummy said...

What better way to celebrate 32 years than with one of your beautiful cards; it really is lovely. Congratulations to the happy couple on their 32 years - quite an achievement these days! xx

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I am in awe of how you are able to cut out everything to be so realistic . What a beautiful card and I love the idea of giving the husband a medal !! ha ha

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Probably safe to say that after thirty-two years it’s going to last! Congratulations to both of them!

Carol On The Lake said...

Congratulations to the happy couple. 32 years is a great milestone. Lovely card, Lisa.

Joanne said...

Aw, that is a lovely card and I love the idea of a medal with the 32 on it. That is an adorable idea.

Tom said...

...yes it does and we have been married for 58 years!

Kim Carberry said...

That is such a lovely card and the addition of the medal did make me chuckle.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your talent is always so amazing to see! Such creativity! Love the 32 medal! Blessings to you :)

Birdz of a Feather said...

That is SO special! What a great idea.

Laura @ Our Grand Lives said...

Thirty two years is definitely medal worthy! You did it again - another lovely way to commemorate an important date! I love every detail!

nicole orriens said...

That's a lovely card for a 32 anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Such a thoughtful and beautiful card creation.

hels said...

Capturing a young couple on their wedding day is a pleasure. But capturing that same couple 32 years later at their CHILDREN'S wedding is even more pleasurable. Well done!

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! I love the idea of the medal!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful keepsake!

Kim said...

Your attention to detail is amazing. What a card! We were married 32 years this past February and I would've loved to receive a card like that.