Monday, 14 September 2026

From Pilates Mat to Law Books

Emily's mum asked me to make a card for her 22nd birthday. She told me that Emily still enjoys the same hobbies, so I wanted to make sure this year's card was quite different from the one I created for her last year.
Emily is still passionate about Pilates and is currently studying and training to become an instructor. She still enjoys iced matchas too. A new chapter for her is beginning in October, when she starts studying law at a college in Kiryat Ono.
I decided to show Emily dressed in activewear, sitting comfortably on her Pilates mat with a law textbook in her hands as she prepares for next year's studies. Beside her is an iced matcha - a refreshing drink made with finely ground green tea powder, water, milk, and ice. In the background, a road sign points towards Kiryat Ono, a city in Israel's Tel Aviv District. I chose a green sign with white lettering because this is the colour scheme used for main and intercity roads in Israel. Finally, a large number 22 marks her age.
Emily's mum was delighted when she saw the card. "It looks just like her!" she said.
When Emily received the card herself, she sent me a lovely message: "Lisa, thanks for my gorgeous card."

22 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

What a fantastic card. It must be hard to make a new one each year when the interests are almost the same. Great work!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your eye for detail never ceases to amaze me. Emily sounds like a very bright and very well rounded young lady, Shalom, my friend!

eileeninmd said...

A wonderful birthday card, Happy Birthday to Emily.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Incredible attention to detail as always! Loving the Kiryat Ono road sign and the iced matcha details. Happy 22nd Birthday to Emily!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Lisa, I think the greatest thing about your cards and the other pieces you make, is that your process does not match or follow a formula. Making each piece independent of the others you make, and fresh for the person it was created for. (Even I use a "formula" for structure, but then again, I am only working with food, LOL!) They are all wonderful!

Diana said...

Every card you make is so incredibly beautiful! Absolutely stunning!!

Joanne said...

That is such an adorable card; my middle son loves ice matcha (of all varieties) so I particularly enjoyed seeing the details in the cup.

Veronica Lee said...

I love how you captured Emily’s Pilates passion while weaving in her exciting new law journey.
The iced matcha and Kiryat Ono sign are perfect touches -- no wonder she and her mum were so delighted.

nicole orriens said...

I love how you incorporated all the elements into this card. It's beautiful!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is a gorgeous card, Lisa.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

When she becomes a renowned lawyer, challenging the government on constitutional matters and provoking profound discussions , she will have this card framed on her desk, Lisa! She will always have your influence in her life. That’s if AI doesn’t eliminate all of us in the next few years! Happy New Year, by the way.

handmade by amalia said...

Such a sweet card, Lisa, and such an accomplished young woman.
Amalia
xo

EricaSta said...

Sweet 22 years.... how wonderful is your card again, dear blogfriend. Gratulation for the birthday of Emily too.
Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

VeggieMummy said...

Another lovely card. I'm always hugely impressed by the sheer variety of things that you can make - that little matcha iced tea! Happy Birthday, Emily, and good luck reading law. xx

Barwitzki said...

Wonderful... you created a fantastic, personal birthday card that surely brought a lot of joy... and I really love the birthday girl on the exercise mat—I’m off to Pilates this evening! :-)))
Warm regards and best wishes.

Lalka Crochetka said...

Cudowności! Może to początek kolekcji urodzinowych kartek Emily? Z pewnością to piękna pamiątka tego wyjątkowego dnia <3

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

What a great way to combine her two hobbies!

Amy Johnson said...

This is just too cute!

Jayne said...

Such a lovely card, Lisa! It’s easy to see why your customers come back when you put so much thought into each order. Wishing Emily lots of luck with her law studies too! xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful good luck card for Emily. It's evident you put a lot of thought behind those things you included. Love the Pilates mat, law book , and Macha drink. Sure Emily was delighted with her card.

Laura @ Our Grand Lives said...

You've captured Emily's current interests in her year "22" card. I especially love the 3D glass of Matcha and what a great way to document her new chapter in law school!

DeniseinVA said...

Your cards are amazing! Always delightful to see them.