Sunday 8 March 2009

Clowning About

The above cards were created some time ago and I have been patiently waiting to show them to you. A wonderfully supportive friend of mine was super organised and gave me her list of card requirements back in January, but I knew that all the birthdays were in February and didn't want to spoil any surprises by showing them too early. We're now in March, so I think it is safe for me to explain all the cards now.
Starting from the top right you can see a card showing the South African flag and underneath a map of the country. The lady who received the card was due to be travelling there on her birthday. Next is a pretty floral card for an anniversary, and after that comes a card for 'Grandpa' who had made comments about his grandson's long hair, so I was asked to illustrate all the grandchildren and their particular hair styles! Bottom left, you can see a card for a five year old who is currently learning his numbers and letters of the alphabet, then a 65th birthday card, and finally a sweet little clown card for a one year old. Those of us of the Jewish faith are soon to be celebrating the festival of Purim, the holiday that commemorates the time when the Jewish people living in Persia were saved from annihilation by the courage of a young woman called Esther. During Purim many kids dress up and I have seen a few little clowns, like the one on my card, on the way to school this morning!I have seen some wonderful Moo cards featured on many blogs and decided it was time for me to order some too. You can see a selection of the designs that I ordered above. I am thrilled with them and hope that they will be a nice little extra when I send out my card orders.

7 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Moo Cards look great - a really professional touch!

Rheea said...

You make beautiful cards! Must have invested quite alot of time and effort. Keep it up. :)

Rheea

Laurie said...

What wonderful cards, very special! You have a rare talent. I too want some Moo cards - yours look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Always a lovely personal touch with your cards, and the Moo snippet cards look fab!

LizzieJane said...

What a wonderful group of cards and your moo cards are terrific.

Anonymous said...

awww... very cute cards!


www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! The "Moo Cards" look really beautiful. You do great work!

Jackie from etsyitemoftheday.com

Shareaholic