Monday 23 March 2009

Coming of Age

Back in November I told you about the back to front Hebrew cards that I had begun supplying to a local Judaica shop. I am pleased to say that they seem to be selling well and I took more cards to the shop this last week. Whilst I have some favourite designs that I love to create over and over again, I am always keen to develop my handmade card designs and 'tweak' them a bit each time I make a new batch. You have seen the Barmitzvah cards, with the blue stripes and silver Star of David before, but the Batmitzvah cards have changed a little, hopefully for the better! I took two designs along to the shop. Above, you can see some pretty pastel coloured cards with the number 12 on them (the age that a Jewish girl become a Batmitzvah) and a white Dove of Peace. The Hebrew greeting says "Blessings on the occasion of your Batmitzvah". I also created a second design, seen below with the Barmitzvah cards, so that a potential buyer has a 'range' to choose from.

4 comments:

the 6 o'clock stitch said...

Beautiful cards!

Linda B said...

These are great. Keep up the good work.

Laurie said...

Lovely - congratulations on the sales!

LizzieJane said...

Wonderful Lisa, I always love seeing your beautiful cards.
x

Shareaholic