Thursday 29 April 2010

Mauled by The Tigers

Putting aside the fact that they are about to be relegated from the English Premier League, my Dad is a huge Hull City fan and today he is celebrating his birthday. What other card to make for him but a Hull City AFC card?
Dad's team traditionally plays in black and amber, often with a striped shirt design, hence their nickname The Tigers. The club's mascot is Roary the Tiger and, though my tiger looks nothing like Roary - a fact kindly pointed out to me by my youngest son - a tiger was chosen to go on his card. Last year Dad was with us just before his birthday and I was able to bake and ice a cake for him, decorated of course with a replica Hull City shirt, whilst he was in the lounge watching television, oblivious to all the action going on in the kitchen! I am sorry that I can't make you a cake this year, Dad, but in any case, we all wish you a very happy birthday. I hope you have a good day, and I hope that you see your team through The Championship and back again into The Premier League next year!

5 comments:

LizzieJane said...

Happy Birthday Lisa's dad! What a lovely talented daughter you have. Wonderful card Lisa.
x

Southern Belle said...

Lovely card!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

love your cards and you have a new follower

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope your Dad had a great birthday! Love the detail in your cards.

Marquise Style said...

Love it!

Shareaholic