Wednesday 10 November 2010

10+10

Whilst we're on the subject of tenth birthdays, two of my friend's daughters also turned 10 around the same time as my son and I was asked to make cards for them both. I can't quite believe that these kids are getting so big, though I really shouldn't be surprised since I have 'tracked' their development with my card making each year!
I am pleased to say that both of these girls are pretty keen on my work. I know that the young lady illustrated above collects my cards from year to year, whilst the blonde ballerina, her Mum told me, even put in a specific request as to what should be on this years birthday card!
For the card above I was asked to show a happy, smiling young lady reading a book. She had to be wearing hoop earrings and, to get specific, her hairstyle had changed slightly since last year and I was to add a little fringe. Her Mum excitedly told me that "T. *loved* the card". I am sure that it has been added to her small collection and hope that I will be able to add to it year after year for many years to come.
The young ballerina had asked to be shown doing a jete. Being a Mum to two boys who play football and go to Tae Kwon Do rather than dance classes, I had to look it up! Now I know that a jete is a leap in ballet in which one leg is extended forward and the other backward. Even though the birthday girl had specified what should be on the card, I hope that she was still pleased with it and enjoyed seeing her paper self jete-ing away.
The Jewish holiday of Chanukah is approaching and now is the time to purchase some cards and pop them in the post to your friends and relatives who may not live close by. My cards, showing the dreidel, a four sided spinning top with a different Hebrew letter on each side which children play with at Hanukkah, are in my shop now. For those of us here in Israel, I also have cards with the fourth side of the dreidel inscribed with the letter פ (Pe) - "A great miracle happened here" rather than 'there'.
My Chanukah cards have already appeared amongst a nice collection of Chanukah goodies, many of which are currently being promoted in The Miracles of Hanukkah Sale, details of which you can find here. You can see my cards above and in the Etsy Treasury below, top row on the right.Finally, Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, may have been and gone but my cards recently made a fresh appearance in a very sweet treasury titled 'A Bowl of Apples'. I loved the colours in this one and was happy to see my own apple cards, bottom row on the right, make one last appearance for this calendar year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update - My Chanukah cards have appeared in another lovely Treasury of gift ideas for Chanukah. Please check it out here.

5 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

These are super cute cards!

Meeling said...

Cute cards!!

Love the ballerina one.

Linda B said...

I love the cards. And congrats on the Treasuries.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Congrats on the treasury! I just love that ballerina card!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!

Shareaholic