Saturday 22 October 2011

Birds, Beads and Banners

We have just ended an incredible week of Chol HaMoed, the holiday days between the festivals of Sukkot and Simchat Torah (a celebratory holiday that marks the completion of the annual Torah reading cycle). I have taken many, many photos of the wonderful places that we visited but they need a little organising before I post some of them here. In the meantime I have a few more cards to show you which were requested before the holidays and my short creative break began.
A customer wanted a card for her Mom. She told me that Mom likes to paint watercolours and loves beautiful, classy things. She is also a wonderful Savta (the Hebrew word for Grandmother) and it was asked that I somehow add that into the card's design. I remembered that I had made a card for Mom along the very same themes last year so made sure that I came up with something quite different. My customer was amused that I remembered exactly what I had done - especially since she hadn't - and proclaimed that if anyone ever starts ordering birthday cards for her, I can tell them that they can use the same one every year since she wouldn't know the difference!
The same customer also requested a card for her 16 year old son. She preferred a pattern of some sort - not necessarily a theme - so I had fun cutting out 16 birthday candles in funky, bright colours (below).
Finally, her last card request on this occasion was for her daughter's birthday. This one had to be a very girly card and the suggested themes were jewellery, nail polish, hearts and flowers! Since the young lady was turning 12 - the age that a Jewish girl becomes Bat Mitzvah - I added a number 12 to the design and a banner with 'Batmitzva Girl' on it (my customer's requested spelling).

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

These are just so amazing!! Love looking at your cards :)
Shavua Tov
Ingrid

Terri said...

They are all great! Love all the different elements.

Meeling said...

Beautiful and happy as always Lisa...your cards are always so cheery!

Shareaholic