Wednesday 9 May 2012

All Things Paper

Some time ago I discovered, quite by chance, the blog All Things Paper. Well, I'm passionate about "all things paper" and soon became a regular visitor. Ann Martin, the quilling enthusiast behind the blog, covers some amazing paper related topics and I often feel compelled to comment on the beautiful pieces she displays. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Ann wrote to me and told me that she'd been thinking that my work would make a great feature post one day! I  was blown away by this. The artists she writes about are, well, artists! I couldn't believe that she considered me worthy of a write-up, but she did!
Ann wanted to know how I got started making personalized cards and about my favourite tools. She wanted to confirm that she was correct in thinking that all of my cutting is by hand (it is). "People will be amazed, as your work is so perfect!" she added. I think I was blushing at this point.
The feature post all about my creative work, and a little bit about me, appeared on 'All Things Paper' last week. Ann covered pretty much everything - my albums, cards and papercut pictures - and I was delighted to learn that she reads my blog regularly too. In addition to my latest paper cutting projects, Ann mentioned my blogging about the Jewish holidays, my occasional cooking antics, and our many day trips around Israel. It was a very flattering piece and some even more wonderful comments were left!
A big thank you for writing about me Ann. And for those of you who may not have seen the feature yet, do pop by and "read all about it" here.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Congratulations Lisa! What a great feature!

dottycookie said...

Congratulations, Lisa - very well deserved recognition for your work!

Shareaholic