Thursday 14 November 2013

Love Is All Around

It's time to take a break from my son's Bar Mitzvah. As well as creating things for his big day I also managed to squeeze some orders in too. Some, but not many.
A customer asked me for a wedding card in Hebrew. The request was for something "a bit unusual" but other than that I was left to my own devices. I had fun playing with hearts, swirls and colour. The bride, I was told, is quite wild. I hope this card was wild enough for her.
This customer was celebrating her 20th wedding anniversary. She asked me to create a card for her husband including a picture of their three kids, something to illustrate their married life, beginning in England and now in Israel, Judaism and, of course to add a number 20. Another request followed asking whether I could work some bars into the design. Why bars? Well apparently my customer's husband often says that he would have served less time if he'd murdered her.
Hmmm...
This couple were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. This time I was asked to show them both on the front of the card. Kuzna loves cooking and gardening, so I showed her wearing a chef's hat, with a wooden spoon in one hand and a trowel in the other. There is a cooking pot just behind her.
Ian is a Hospital Radio DJ and loves computers, electronics and gardening too. I showed him pushing a wheelbarrow with headphones on and he is standing in front of a turntable. I have no idea whether DJ's use turntables anymore but that was the image that came to mind. There is also a computer in the background with a big 40 on the screen to mark the number of years that the couple have been married.
My customer was kind enough to email to thank me for "the great card... really imaginative... as always." He was sure that his sister and brother-in-law were going to be thrilled when they received it.
Finally, this wedding card was for an Israeli bride and groom and thus opens the Hebrew way from right to left. The groom was, unusually for Israel, going to be wearing a suit for the big day and the bride's dress apparently had a long train "like a princess".

2 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

Love your interpretation for the wild bride!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are all so fun! The 20th anniversary couple certainly has a unique sense of humor. LOL.

Shareaholic