Thursday 28 February 2019

Meital

Meital's mum asked me to create two cards for her daughter's 12th birthday. Her first request was for a card showing Meital dancing. She does hip hop and jazz, mum told me, and she wears black leggings and a T-shirt for her classes. She also asked me to add the words "Dance" to the shirt.
Meital is a redhead, or gingie, as they are known here in Israel, so I matched her gorgeous hair colour to the photos mum showed me. Finally I added some number 12's to the turquoise background, to mark her age (12 is the age that Jewish girls become a Bat Mitzvah).
The second request was for a card showing Meital holding her phone which she is apparently, ahem, rather attached to! Her phone case is glittery gold, mum said, so I have shown her holding the said glittery gold item. The background is lilac, according to mum's request, and I once again added some number 12's to mark her age.
Meital's mum reported back that her daughter loved the cards. She apparently recognised her phone immediately. "Oh look, it's my phone" she exclaimed when she opened this card!
Strawberry Butterscotch
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

13 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great cards - how did you make the phone glittery? You're amazing my friend.

Tamar SB said...

Such fun colors!

Annsterw said...

Such adorable and original cards!! LOVE! Annster's Domain

Miss Val's Creations said...

Very fun! I love that she recognized her phone right away!

VeggieMummy said...

Both cards are beautiful. I really love the dance pose in the first one. xx

Aritha V. said...

That are cards that make us all happy. Very nice!

Jackie@travelnwrite said...

Those will be among that girl's treasures for years to come! Beautiful work!

Kim Carberry said...

Those cards look perfect for a 12 year old girl. I really like the one with the phone. That would be one I would get for my teen. hehehe

Junieper2 said...

Smiled about the phone! Twelve is a great age - it's after that, that it may get harder (for parents, lol). Great card, Lisa and many thanks for sharing it with All Seasons! And you linked up first:):) Have a fantastic week!

Chickenruby said...

the cards are great as usual and so lovely to receive something so personalised to mark the day #pocolo

Cheryl said...

What lovely cards. I know a few 12 year old girls who love to dance, but also are never far from their cards. I'm glad she liked her cards. #mmbc

Claire Justine said...

What lovely cards. Love the dance one :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays last week.

Morgan Prince said...

Fantastic cards. Thanks for sharing with #pocolo

Shareaholic