Wednesday 3 April 2019

Eilon and Ben

Young Eilon was turning 4. Mum told me that he likes drawing and Spider-man.  I have shown him drawing a picture and added some coloured pencils and Spider-man's face. The Spider-man themed number 4 marks his age.
The card made me smile as I put it together because I knew that I had really captured Eilon's likeness. Happily his mum agreed and was delighted with the the card. "He will think that he is looking in a mirror!" she said. That did rather seem to be the case - look at these gorgeous photos she sent me. Eilon does indeed look very happy with his customised birthday card!
Somewhat older, Ben was turning 21. His mum asked me to show him doing shoulder exercises, with AirPods in his ears, listening to music. I asked what exercises he does (Ben recently injured his shoulder) and was told that he uses a blue ball. I added the white AirPods and the logo for the fitness centre Holmes Place, which mum says is his second home. A big yellow number 21 marks his age.
"Great card." mum wrote to me. "It's perfect. Really appreciate all the thought and effort that goes in to them. Ben will love it."

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

How precious!!! Love how captivated he is by his likeness and your work!

ps hope you'll join Wednesdays Around the World, too!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello Lisa, your cards are always really special!
Especially I liked the little Eilon's card - it made also me smile. It's so very cute, as is the boy. :)
It's good to hear you have had enough rain. Happy spring!

Pieni Lintu said...

Nice cards!

VeggieMummy said...

Both cards are fantastic. I love the way you do the hairlines and take such care to get all the little details correct. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful cards Lisa. I love the little guy seeing his card!

betty-NZ said...

What a treat to see one of the card recipients! Awesome.

Jayne @ SMABL said...

These are beautiful as always! I love the detail in Eilon's little drawing, it's fantastic. Amazing creations x #MMBC

italiafinlandia said...

The cards are both very cute!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another fabulous job with your creative cards. Both cards so skillfully reflect the person who is celebrating.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Eilon’s likeness is remarkable (and adorable). And how nice of his mother to send you the proof of that and of how much he loved his card!

Junieper2/Jesh said...

What a fun card for Eilon! Love his name too:) I particularly like your capture of what he was drawing! A 21st Birthday is the perfect opportunity for a specialized card:) Many thanks for sharing them with All Seasons, Lisa!

Shareaholic