Monday 29 April 2019

The Adventurer

A regular customer asked me to make a birthday card for her mum. She sent me a photo of her mum paragliding and asked me to use it as the inspiration. She told me that her mum is an amazing woman. Judging by the photo, she is obviously a very brave lady as well!
I created a paper version of mum free-flying, removing the instructor from the picture and collaging some photos of trees to create a matching background to the photo. I added a big red number 69 to mark her age. "Happy Birthday adventurer" was the greeting her daughter wanted on the card.
My customer was delighted with the card. "Your cards make her [mum] extremely happy, so thank you" she wrote to me. I was very pleased when she sent me this photo of mum opening the card on her birthday and then shared my work on Facebook. We both belong to an Israeli women entrepreneurs' networking group and my customer shared her excitement over the card there.
"Big shout out to Lisa Isaacs who yet again made my mum so happy even though we couldn’t be with her for her birthday. She makes the most beautiful cards that we all treasure."

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That is fantastic!! Love it!

Tom said...

...I'm pass 69 and paragliding is out of the question!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Very fun! I imagine free flying feels amazing!

Kim Carberry said...

What a fab card for the adventurer. You have got it spot on again! #MMBC

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I'm past 69 and paragliding is definitely beyond me! #MMBC

NCSue said...

Love it! Nicely done, Lisa!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/04/in-memoriam.html

VeggieMummy said...

You'd have to blindfold me and shove me off! No head for heights whatsoever. Great card though. xx

Anne said...

What lovely feedback for your card. It really is lovely though. What an amazing woman paragliding at 69 yrs, she certainly doesn't look her age either.
#mmbc

sunny tempo traveller said...

Thanks for sharing with us i love your blog always m ready to read all your blog very nice information your share with us thankyou

tempo traveller

tempo traveller hire
Tempo Traveller in Delhi
Golden Triangle Tour
Tour
hotel booking
Chardham Yatra
Leh Ladakh Tour,Rajasthan Tour Packages , Same Day Agra Tour Packages

Jayne said...

This is absolutely brilliant Lisa! I think the smile on Adventurer's face says it all. x #MMBC

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wow! What a brave mum! Your card is great! Nicely done!

-Soma

Sum of their Stories said...

Wow, what an amazing woman. And a great card.

Shareaholic