Thursday 19 December 2019

A Star Gazer and a Pastry Chef

A lovely lady in one of the Facebook networking groups I belong to wrote to me and requested a card for her cousin who was soon to be celebrating her Bat Mitzvah. The brief was simple. She loves outer space.
I love it when I have so much leeway with my design and was full of ideas for this card. I suggested a little paper portrait of my customer's cousin along with planets, stars, maybe a telescope and more. She asked me to put a number 12 somewhere on the card (the age that Jewish girls become a Bat Mitzvah) and to add the words 'mazal tov' (congratulations) in Hebrew on the front.
Another customer wrote and told me that she was leaving her current job as a pastry chef and would love to give one of my cards to her manager. She asked me to put pastry chef things like a whisk, a chef's knife and spatula on the card. Maybe a cake and splashes of cake mixes too. I had permission to "go wild" and do whatever I fancy. So I did!
I crafted a big sandwich cake for the centre of the card, then cut out tiny kitchen utensils, cookies, croissants and cupcakes. Then, as requested, I 'splashed' different coloured cake mixes all around the card.
The Hebrew greeting on the front of the cards says "תודה רבה על הכל", "Thank you for everything".
"Thank you so much. It was perfect!" my customer wrote to me.
Pieced Pastimes
https://www.sumoftheirstories.com/blog/2019/handmade-monday-156?fbclid=IwAR0rLrI7GP6Cs3h8a8Q1nW1x3HpiYpbxpqqz2s5_qvtnOSFBmKSzdAaGCUA

6 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another 2 great cards and so unique

VeggieMummy said...

Fantastic cards - it must be such fun thinking up the designs and carrying them out. There's a paper cutting workshop near me next year and I'm quite tempted to have a go. I'd probably just end up with confetti though! xx

Jayne said...

What lovely cards! My eldest is space mad at the moment so he would love the space-themed one.
The baking one is fab too. It is so fun and colourful. x

Shiju Sugunan said...

Lovely cards!

italiafinlandia said...

The star gazing is an activity that I share. ;)
Happy Holidays, Lisa!

junieper/Jesh said...

All three of these cards make me smile, Lisa! They speak of their talent, and your inventive spirit to bring them out in the open! Applause on behalf of All Seasons, and wishing you a peace, love, and joy for this coming week, Jesh

Shareaholic