Friday 6 December 2019

The Sherman Family

Regular readers of my blog may well remember the birthday card I made for 9 year old Keshet and how she was so thrilled with it that she decided to use it as a door sign for her newly decorated bedroom. Well, her parents recently celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary and mum decided that to mark the occasion the whole family were going to have door signs made by me!
Warning! Lots of photos to follow.
Their eldest daughter, teenager Eden, likes Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and, um, is rather into her phone! She goes to the NOAM Zionist youth movement (NOAM is an acronym for No'ar Masorti, Masorti Youth) and enjoys reading. Mum asked me to make the background colour of her door sign turquoise. (Apparently the background colours for all the signs correspond to the mezzuzot on their bedroom doors.)
Meital likes the chocolate bar Twix. She loves to dance, collects LOL dolls (they were a new one to me!) and likes hearts and glitter. The background colour for her door sign should be pink, mum said.
Aharon and Nadav share a bedroom. Aharon, on the right, supports Leeds United and is a big football fan in general. He is also very musical, so mum asked me to include some music notes and his keyboard on the door sign. I was also asked to show Aharon's robot Mechanoid, which is very cool!
Nadav is currently into DUPLO, the big LEGO blocks, though his interests will likely change!
The background colour for their sign is orange.
Now it was mum and dad's turn! Like his son, Dan is also rather passionate about Leeds United, so Jacky asked me to include the club badge on their door sign and to use the team colours of blue, yellow and white for it. The couple are both runners, so I added a pair of running shoes as well. A big yellow number 20 marks their special anniversary. Finally, Dan loves the slogan "Enjoy the chaos" and on a good day it does kind of suit us, mum said. I included that on their sign too. 
Keshet's door sign, posted once again at the bottom of this post, completes the set.
Mum was thrilled with all the door signs. "I find it amazing that you captured our family in such a special way" she wrote to me. I was delighted to receive some lovely photos too. "Earlier today I put up the door signs" she messaged me, "they look AMAZING!!!!" Then everyone came home and agreed to pose for a photo, copying the exact pose I had crafted them in as well!
Something tells me that they were very happy with their new signs. What a lovely project this was to work on!

16 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

I love the fact that the background colours coordinated with the mezzuzot and that their poses matched the ones on their cards! These are beautiful and must have taken you quite a while. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are so fun Lisa! I love that this couple has included their children by having door signs made for everyone. Adorable! I am certain these will be cherished and passed down to future generations as a playful memory.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

If I lived with a big family with kids, I'd want a sign for each bedroom. Love the bright colors and individualization.

annies home said...

thanks for the introduction... what a great idea allowing each personality to shine
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

likeschocolate said...

you have had a busy week. Have a wonderful week.

Claire Justine said...

These are great cards, Lisa. You are very creative and talented :) Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Mondays.

Cheryl said...

You really do capture them in card and paper. Amazing job, and what a fab idea to make door signs for their bedrooms. #mmbc

Kim Carberry said...

Great work! It is wonderful that you did the whole family. #MMBC

NCSue said...

You've got a great talent!
Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/12/mums-word-at-longwood-gardens.html

junieper/jesh said...

What a cute family1 You must have spent some time with the keyboard, all so precise! You caught the girl who loves to dance very well, and also the heir of the Benjamin! Great jo and precision, Lisa! No wonder you have so many returning customers. Many thanks for sharing your work with All Seasons and have a lovely week! Jesh

Tamar SB said...

I just love the personality each design has!

Karen Dennis said...

I love this I wish I was as talented #twinklytuesday@_karendennis

thisiswhereitisat said...

I like your designs, there very unique X #twinklytuesday

Teresa B said...

I love how you managed to capture the essence of each of the family members!
Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

Kate said...

Looks like you've captured them all brilliantly! Lovely idea for the family #TwinklyTuesday

One of a Kind Design UK said...

Take a look at the gorgeous Personalised House Signs and signs we have available at One Of A Kind Design UK.

Shareaholic