Saturday 28 December 2019

The Best of 2019 - Part I


1. I Love You 2. Eilon 3. 21 Years 4. We Are the Champions 5. Their Wedding Picture 6. She Cheered with Joy! 7. #50cardsfor50  8. Lior's Best Friends 9. Amit & Roei 10. Benjo

Whilst many of you are now celebrating Christmas, we are right in the middle of the Chanukah holiday. Presents have been exchanged and doughnuts and latkes have been consumed (fried foods are an important part of the holiday as they represent the small amount of oil that miraculously burned for 8 days instead of just one when the Jews rededicated the Second Temple in Jerusalem after overcoming oppression). Whatever you are celebrating, happy holidays to you and best wishes for an amazing year ahead!
2019 started pretty badly for me and my days were somewhat disrupted with medical treatments. I'm pleased to report that things did get back to normal (though if someone knows of a magical cure for tendinitis, I'd love to hear from you!). I was soon back to making my customised cards, albums and papercut pictures for Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and more.
As is common at this time of the year, I thought it would be fun to collect together some of my favourite designs from this past year and show them to you once again. I have chosen my Top 10 favourite cards and linked to some special projects I worked on as well. Have you spotted your card, album or picture amongst my collection?
I have also visited some interesting places in Israel and was lucky enough to enjoy a wonderful holiday with my husband and eldest son in Hungary before he joined the Israeli Defence Forces in the summer. I'm saving my top 10 favourite places for another post. Please look out for it.

Panda

Thank you so much for taking time out of your daily lives this past year to pop by and see what's happening over here at Handmade in Israel. I am always very happy to read your encouraging comments and receive your support. Even after 12 years of blogging I still enjoy composing each and every one of my blog posts and am always excited to press that 'Publish' button when the time is right. I hope you will continue to enjoy them too in 2020 as I share the coming year's papercut designs and a few more of my adventures in Israel.
Don't forget that you can subscribe to my blog, and follow me on Facebook, InstagramTwitter and Pinterest. Oh, and please pop by my shop now and then to see what is new there.
Wishing you a wonderful, happy and colourful Chanukah, Christmas and New Year, and a safe and exciting start to 2020!

* This post has been shared on All Seasons, MMM Block Party, Mix it up Monday!, The Good. The Random. The Fun.Tuesdays with a TwistCreatively Crafty, Creative Mondays Link Up.

14 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

So many beautiful cards. I was trying to choose my favourite but they're all so lovely that I couldn't decide. Here's to a healthy 2020. xx

italiafinlandia said...

All the best for the New Year!

Shiju Sugunan said...

All of them are gems! Have a wonderful new year!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

In the last few years, your blog has become a happy place for me. Wishing you health and happiness in the new year!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I always enjoy seeing your creative work and reading about your travels Lisa! Wishing you a happy, healthy 2020 without your tendinitis acting up.

junieper/Jesh said...

Remember several of these cards you are showing here! They are simply beautiful! 2019 was an eventful and hard year for you - up to an abundant 2020! I never associated the fried foods with the oil of Chanuka!
Sorry, am not very much with it past few months at All Seasons, and totally forgot about Chanuka, which is a very memorable feast! Many thanks for all your beautiful posts this year, Lisa, and love the very personal style you bring with you! Have a happy Chanuka, and a happy New Year!

handmade by amalia said...

And this is only part 1? 2019 looks to have been a wonderful year, Lisa. I wish you the very best for 2020, can't wait to see what you make.
Amalia
xo

Michele Morin said...

You do such good work!

thisiswhereitisat said...

Lovely collection of designs. Happy new year X #mmbc

Kim Carberry said...

These are all wonderful cards. You are so talented.
Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2020 x

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You bring a lot of joy and happiness to people with your cards. That's a wonderful gift you have. Cheers to a Grand 2020!

Powell River Books said...

You make the best greeting cards. It is such a wonderful talent. Have a great 2020. - Margy

Buba said...

Happy New Year dear! I follow you on gfc #318 , follow back?

https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

Jayne said...

You know I love all of your creations! You are very talented Mrs! Wishing you a very Happy New Year lovely. I hope it's all you dream of and more. xx

Shareaholic