Monday 2 December 2019

Marjorie

It's always fun to try new things so, when a customer wrote to me and told me that she was looking for a poster for her friends 50th birthday that could be signed by all her friends, I was happy to put my thinking cap on and come up with something creative.
My customer needed something big enough for 25 to 30 people to sign. She wanted something like my greeting cards - a picture of the birthday girl, along with her name, some interests and something about it being her 50th - but with lots of white space around it for signing.
Marjorie likes baking cupcakes, cookies, brownies and more, my customer told me. She has a dog, Chloe. She is Canadian. She is very close to her family and their little group of 10 close friends. Oh, and she's a big reader too. It was also suggested that I add a bottle of wine and some chocolate!
I created a 50x60cm poster of Marjorie using her favourite colours - pink, yellow and red. I have shown her with one arm round Chloe the dog and the other holding up a plate of cupcakes. A bottle of red wine and some chocolate, along with a small pile of books, can be seen on her right, while on her left a big number 50 marks her age and the Canadian flag her birthplace. Finally I added some little red hearts with the words SISTERS, FRIENDS and FAMILY on them to represent how Marjorie's family and friends are very important to her.
"The sign in board was a HUGE success, thank you so much!" my customer wrote to me. "Both Marjorie and her husband couldn't get over how well you rendered Chloe - right down to the tag on her collar!"

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What fun to make a poster! Love all the details.

handmade by amalia said...

Cupcakes! A girl after my own heart.
Amalia
xo

Anne said...

Wow! So very creative and fun.

VeggieMummy said...

Wine and chocolate - a girl after my own heart! Great poster. xx

Lalka Crochetka said...

perfect project! I love simplicity of your cards and catching the most important things about each person!

riitta k said...

Your style is unique. I just love your cards <3

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

Another lovely card, I love how you integrate all the essence of a person. #Twinklytuesday

Michele Morin said...

Amazing!

Veronica Lee said...

What a fun card! Ooo! Cupcakes!

thisiswhereitisat said...

What a fun design X #twinklytuesday

Aritha V. said...

Very nice.

Teresa B said...

So cute! I love the little cupcakes.
Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned.

Alex said...

Wow, such a lovely poster. Seems like you captured everything your customer was looking for. #MMBC

Shareaholic