Thursday 12 March 2020

A Princess Themed Wedding

A local customer contacted me recently with a special request. Her "baby" cousin, who is a keen scrapbooker, just got married. She had a Disney princess themed wedding. My customer wanted to give her a framed papercut picture of the couple on their wedding day. "She will love your stuff!" she wrote to me.
My customer sent me a bunch of photos from the couple's big day so that I could see the blonde-haired bride's dress with all its beautiful ruffles and flowers, and the groom's black suit. I noted the colours of the peach and pink flowers and the wedding cake - complete with prince and princess! My customer wanted me to include a castle in the picture as well and lots of flowers and animals too. She also wanted the couple's names, Bati and Bezalel, the date of their wedding, 12.29.2019 and the words "Happily Ever After" somewhere in the picture.
It was time to get sketching!
I drew, then cut from paper, the young couple standing in front of a pink turreted castle. Fluffy white clouds and trees can be seen on the horizon, whilst a little brown squirrel and a grey rabbit line the path where the bride and groom stand. A banner embellished with flowers in the front of the picture declares that this is their "Happily Ever After".
I loved working on this large piece, which measures 30x40cm. My customer seemed thrilled with it too, saying that it was "stunning!" She later posted the following recommendation for my work in our local Facebook group:
"Unsolicited recommendation for Lisa Isaacs who made this picture for our cousins' wedding! It was the perfect personalised gift for their Disney princess themed wedding! They absolutely loved it!"
It seems that the bride and groom were very happy with it too. Apparently the bride was still texting her cousin to tell her how much she loved the picture several days later!
PoCoLo


Confessions of a New Mummy

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh that is so lovely!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

A masterpiece Lisa! This may be my favorite of yours yet! What a fantastic theme to be able to work with.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I know how special your cards are, but I am thrilled for you that your commission was for a large piece of art. It is a beautiful one of a kind treasure for this couple.

Sarah said...

This is such a beautiful piece of artwork! You are SO talented! xx

VeggieMummy said...

I love it and I bet the happy couple get it framed. Hamish approves of the rabbit! xx

one frazzled mum said...

That is adorable, I can why they loved it so much. How talented to be able to create special items like this #pocolo

italiafinlandia said...

One of your greatest compositions!
Very beautiful.

Jayne said...

This is just beautiful Lisa! It's nice to see you branching out with new creations. I can see lots of orders coming your way for these. x

Michele Morin said...

The size makes this card very special.

Lydia C. Lee said...

That's so beautiful! We have a wedding in May and I'm so worried for the couple that it will have to be cancelled or postponed. I hope for them they just marry and have the party later...

junieper/Jesh said...

Wow, that is a big card, Lisa! Have you ever done it this big? What i loved is the you included the castle in the background. Can't remember having seen any castle from you - with a romantic bride this was the right occasion:) Many thanks sharing your unusual size card with us at All Seasons! Have a creative week:) Jesh

Shareaholic