Thursday 14 May 2020

Turning 50

A customer asked me to make a 50th birthday card for her friend Julia. She sent me a photo of her friend and I had fun creating a birthday scene complete with cake, streamers, bunting, presents, and of course the birthday girl in the centre of the card.
Another customer contacted me with a request for a card for her husband's 50th birthday. She had taken a look at my Etsy shop and decided that she liked the cake papercut card that I have listed there. I made the original design for my husband back in 2016. My customer asked if there was any way to add a 50 to the card, so I carefully cut the number out of the "icing".
She was very happy with the card. "Thanks so much, I love the card and you even managed to put 50 on it!!!" she wrote to me.
This is a card that can be easily personalised with another name, so if you would like to order one for a special person in your life, you can do so right here.
PoCoLo

11 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I really do like the cut out cards - it's like lace.

Michele Morin said...

Your work makes birthday celebrations very special!

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful gift of creativity! I have a friend who sends intricately-made cards as well. It always makes the receiver feel special.

VeggieMummy said...

Love the paper-cut card. They must take ages and a really steady and to make. Beautiful, as always. xx

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa. I'm so glad I found your blog this morning at the link party.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How intricate and pretty! You did a great job! Have a good weekend!

Jayne said...

These are both such beautiful cards. I love the colours that you have used in the first one. I'm also a big fan of the papercut cards you do with the block of colour behind! Stunning! x

Su-sieee! Mac said...

When Molly Shannon was on Saturday Night Live, she did a bit about a 50-year old woman who kicked up her legs and shouted, "I'm 50 years old! 50!". When I turned 50, that's how I felt. Now in my mid-60s, I crack up thinking how young being 50 was. Your Julia card is perfect! :-)

junieper/Jesh said...

Your card for Julia is lovely and very cheerful! Actually I favor the one for Michael, even though it is one color, but the way you cut is out is stunning!! May n thanks for sharing these two very different cards with All Seasons, Lisa! Great job 0 have a joyful week, jesh

Powell River Books said...

That was a big milestone for me, but twenty years ago now. Where does the time go? - Margy

italiafinlandia said...

What a remarkable pivot moment in life! :)

Shareaholic