Monday 4 May 2020

Birthday Cards for a Special Mum and Safta

This mum was turning 75 and her daughter requested a special card to mark the occasion. She likes painting and being creative, reading and playing Rummikub, her daughter told me. She also has a tabby cat.
I showed mum with a paintbrush in one hand and a book in her other hand. A pot of paintbrushes and her tabby cat are to one side of her, a book and Rummikub tiles are on the other. I added a big red number 75 to mark her age.
"She loved her card!" her daughter told me.
I have made birthday cards for this Safta (the Hebrew word for Grandmother) several times before. Back in 2014 I showed her making her famous chicken soup and last year I showed her playing Solitaire on her iPad. This year her daughter-in-law asked me to make a card based on the theme of aliyahLiterally, the Hebrew word "aliyah" means ascent or rise, but for generations it has been used to mean "to move to Israel".
I have shown Safta together with Saba (the Hebrew word for Grandfather). She is waving an Israeli flag. A sign behind the couple says "Welcome to Israel".
Finally, this amazing lady turned 100! My customer asked me to make her a card with an Israeli flag on it as well. I added flowers and butterflies and a big gold 100 to mark her age.
I was delighted to be shown this fabulous photo! She looks very happy with her card.

9 comments:

Karen Dennis said...

I love this as it is personal and one of a kind #globalblogging@_karendennis

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

Another delightful and personal selection. so clever. #globalblogging

Kim Carberry said...

Gorgeous card. You really do get the people on them, exactly like their photos! x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Mazel Tov to the 100th birthday lady! Lovely cards as always - do enjoy the little stories and photos. #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely to hear the stories behind the cards. 100th birthday congratulations to the lovely lady. I hope I look as good if I'm lucky enough to make it to that age! xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are so wonderful Lisa. What an honor to make a card for a centurion!

Aritha V. said...

So nice and the last photo is great.

Aritha V. said...

So nice and the last photo is great.

loopyloulaura said...

I want to make cross stitch cards to sell, mine are nowhere near as artistic and creative as yours! Thanks for showing us all at #globalbloggin

Shareaholic