Tuesday 26 May 2020

A Last Order Before Lockdown

Little Eilon turned 5 right at the start of all the Coronavirus trouble. It hasn't always been easy for me to get cards to my customers outside of my hometown during this time but Eilon's mum has been ordering cards for all her family for years and I didn't want this birthday to be any different. I managed to get the card to Jerusalem via my husband on the very last that he went into the office! It was meant to be.
Eilon likes watching the animated preschool series Top Wing. The series follows four eager young birds - Swift, Penny, Brody and Rod - who work together at the Top Wing Academy (see how much I learn by making my cards!).  I have shown Eilon holding Brody's hand wing as they set off on an adventure together. Behind them I added a big number 5 to mark Eilon's age and a random selection of Hebrew and English letters because he is just starting to learn to read.
His mum sent me these gorgeous photos of the birthday boy opening his card. "How lucky we are!" she wrote to me. "Eilon loves his card!"

14 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Adorable photos Lisa! The look on this little guy's face is priceless. Top Wing must be a cute show.

VeggieMummy said...

Perfect timing with the birthday card. It would have been a shame to break with such a lovely tradition. I haven't heard of the show but it sounds fun. xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

The little man and the card are so cute!

Tamar SB said...

Oh how adorable!!!

Aritha V. said...

So sweet! It is a nice card!

Jayne said...

How lovely that he still got his card. Such a beautiful design too. x

italiafinlandia said...

Eilon is really handsome.
Happy Sunday, Lisa.

Calendula said...

So cute! Look how he's happy about it!

Powell River Books said...

You bring so much joy to people. - Margy

Stevenson Q said...

Eilon is very handsome! He's going to grow into a fine gentleman for sure with all the love that he gets. Especially this card you made, I am sure he will treasure it so much, I know I would :)

Happy All Seasons Lisa!

Stevenson!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

What a sweet card. I love that Eilon is holding Bordy's hand/sing. They look very happy together. Glad you were able to send the card to his mum.

-Soma

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great idea! I've been making cards this summer for special days but this really is the cutest!

junieper/Jesh said...

Can see how enamored he is with his card - so cute! Yeah, never thought about it, when you make cards you need to be abreast of the latest fashions, news, customs etc. Go for it, Lisa. You are great at this:) Many thanks for always being a part of All Seasons, and have a wonderful week, Jesh

likeschocolate said...

What a darling card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Shareaholic