Wednesday 22 July 2020

Bringing Love to the World

My customer's husband was turning 60. He writes, composes music and plays the piano and guitar, she told me. He has written albums, including one for the "Loving Classroom" school program. Loving Classroom is an organisation that trains teachers to cultivate respect, compassion, listening, kindness, gratitude, love, friendship and care in the classroom. Lastly, she wrote, he loves the Almighty and is connected to his Oneness.
Loving Classroom is definitely his main thing, my customer told me, so I showed her husband wearing the program's T-shirt. He is holding a book about the program and there is a piano in the background and music notes dotted about. A big number 60 marks his age.
I added the Loving Classroom logo, bottom left, which illustrates the 4-H methodology: H umanity, H ead, H eart and H and. My customer felt it was important to include it. The blue logo on the right says עולם אוהב - Loving World. Her husband has a great belief in building a loving world for both personal and global well-being. Finally, the word אחד, below the 60, literally means one but in the context of this card it refers to G-d or Hashem.
My customer was delighted with the card. "It is absolutely BRILLIANT, Lisa. You are a genius craftswoman." she wrote to me. "I love it. Thank you!"

15 comments:

Becki said...

I agree that you are a brilliant at making these cards. And I love seeing them with the person for whom they aren intended. This man sounds like a wonderful soul.

handmade by amalia said...

No wonder the birthday boy was delighted, this is a work of art.
Amalia
xo

VeggieMummy said...

Definitely a genius craftswoman. I love the photo of him holding the card; he looks so pleased. xx

betty-NZ said...

You are truly a talented artist and I always enjoy your creations!

It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

The card is indeed lovely, Lisa, like yours are always.
It's also very interesting to learn about the life and culture in your country.
Stay safe!

Tamar SB said...

This is so great! Love the smile!

Jayne said...

I totally agree with your customer, you are a genius craftswoman! You make the most amazing creations. x

Anonymous said...

yay, maybe be because it is night, I'm getting through (I tried last week, but it kept loading - sorry) This person is one we need more of, right now, with a heart of gold and out for the good:) Many thanks sharing with All Seasons some of the work he does - uplifting! Have a rest week Lisa��, Jesh

italiafinlandia said...

A program praiseworthy.
Happy Sunday, Lisa!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

A Loving Classroom sounds like a wonderful program - one so desperately needed in the world. Shalom

Shiju Sugunan said...

Nice program!

NCSue said...

Thank you for sharing your talents and this lovely idea at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/sleeping-and-stretching-fulltime.html. We live in a world sorely in need of peace and love.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love how you personalize your creations so well and make them so joyful! You are so talented!

Chickenruby said...

That's a brilliant likeness #pocolo

likeschocolate said...

The card is perfection and his smile is a million bucks!

Shareaholic